If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

10:18 pm - Monday, June 20, 2005

Greetings All!

Yay! It’s a new post and about time too! Even I’m getting bored of commenting on my last post!

Hm, seeing that my last post was on Friday I think it’s safe to say that not much of overwhelming excitement has happened since then. I played barefoot lawn bowls (where the skill lies in running after the ball and waving your arms frantically at it to make it change direction, or so I have been led to believe). I also spent the rest of the afternoon bumping into friends who happened to be at uni, or live near uni and were passing by.

On Saturday I also bought lipton ice tea powder mix, which I have yet to try… It’s sitting on my desk in my room. But I haven’t actually sat at my desk to be tempted to use it since I bought it. Or rather, I haven’t sat at my desk long enough to be tempted by it more than blogging, tetris, tetris, chasing people around who are commenting on blogs, checking out other peoples blogs and just generally wasting time on my computer. Or actually getting up to fill my best friend* with something more substantial.

I could so totally be a hobbit… What was my hobbit name again Pun? There was some random hobbit name generator page in the distant past… I really could consistently do this life of breakfast, elevenses, lunch, more food at 2pm then join my brother eating arvo tea (which doesn’t actually consist of any tea at all Angi! Whether from a saucepan or not!) Then snacktime, in between snacktime and dinner, dinner, dessert, supper and just before bed snack.

And guess what! I actually do put on weight during stuvac! *Ole!*

Or maybe it’s just all the extra layers of clothing I’m wearing because my house is freezing…

Today I attempted to dive into some serious study *shock horror* although unfortunately I didn’t position myself in the cleverest of places… At the round table just next to the kitchen (and in front of the heater) was where I was. And I wonder why I’m unproductive!

I read the fifth elephant again last night… I meant to just pull it out of its shelf spot and put it into the pile of library returns due today, but somehow it wrangled me onto my bed and pinned me there for several hours.

I’ve already read The Last Hero picture book and A Hat Full Of Sky from amongst my birthday gifts, so thank you very much respective gifters. The Soddit shall await Wednesday week…

Oh, oh, how exciting! (Ah ha! I HAVE got something exciting to report.) And that is, that the Lion King is finishing at the end of this week! That means… wait for it… I have no more night shifts after this week! That means I have TIME…It’s amazing!

Beware the risk, dopplekopf, anime and cocktail nights that shall ensue… If I can get rid of my parents. Or at least you can hold them and I’ll come! As long as I’m in the country that is.

Did you know that choko are spiky? I was skinning one earlier today and it bit me! (Ok, so it poked me, but biting is so much more emphatic. Just like eating opponents pieces in chess. Or maybe I just use these expressions ‘cause they’re the flavoursome vocabulary of my favourite topic?)

Ok, so maybe it was because the choko was a home grown one, or maybe it was because it purposely became malicious because it knew I was going to be skinning it, but yeah, it wasn’t very nice. Just thought I’d continue to be my informative self and tell you this oh so useful fact!

I think, possibly (just possibly) this post could now be sufficiently ranty.

Best wishes for your exams dudes! (or dudettes, whichever you prefer)

Love Alicia


* Who is my best friend** in this particular context? Fill in the missing words:
(the vowels are there in case you can’t remember)

“And when I think of all that _ o o _ , my _ u _ fills with joy
and I feel like e a _ i _ _ . For in my _ U _ _ _ there’s room for
_ o o _ and I run with _ a _ _ open wide…”

And if you still can’t remember we can play hangman in the comments. :D

** DISCLAIMER: The answer to this question*** are not meant to offend, gross out or be anything but particularly stupid.

*** The question written above, that is, not those asked by the man from scene 34.****

****Although those questions too are not meant to be offensive or difficult either.*****

***** Ok, this is getting ridculous now.******

****** Do NOT think of a pink rhinoceros on a bicycle!

Up, up, up and away!!

50 Bludgers' annotations:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I have an L?

- 21/6/05 12:34 am
Blogger Catie said...

hehehe, i'd go for an 'f' if i were you...
terry pratchett so good, editing essays at 1 am not so good, and chokos apparently terrible. 'night to all. or morning!

- 21/6/05 1:13 am
Blogger Minerva said...

d, I want a d!
Leach - Rosie-Posie Chubb-Baggins
Cat - Rosie-Posie Boggy-Hillocks
Pun - Myrtle Sandydowns (I hate that name)
Trees - Polly Peatfingers of Brockenborings
Viv - Rosie Deepdelver of Brockenborings
Ang - Rosie-Posie Tolkien
Kat - Esmerelda Foxburr of Loamsdown

Although I have to say, I really do prefer my elven name.


http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/

- 21/6/05 1:51 am
Blogger Catie said...

hey, how come ang gets to be tolkien and i'm boggy-hillocks? my hillocks are perfectly dry thank-you. i think sandydowns is better, but i have to say that myrtle is a name that it is hard to love...
have not thought of pink rhinoceroses yet! oh, damn.

- 21/6/05 12:55 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Indeed food is _ood,
I sing and shout it.
Food is _ood, I celebrate.
Food is _ood, you cannot doubt it.
Food is _ood, we know it's true.

And when I think of all that food my _u_ fills with _o_ and I feel like ea_i__ for in my _u___ there's room for food and I run with _a__ open wide...





___ L

Hmm Rosie Posie eh? Sounds like i'm gonna sneeze and fall down or something...

- 21/6/05 2:32 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

Man, I don't even know what chokos are...

There's an awful lot of Rosies in our group, maybe we drink too much alcohol?

- 21/6/05 3:34 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

g! g! gimme a g!

- 21/6/05 4:43 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Oooh... Pun's going out on a limb...

- 21/6/05 5:47 pm
Blogger Ang said...

*double posts*

Wait, I want a T! (and tea, mmm...)

- 21/6/05 8:03 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

And when I think of all that food my gut fills with joy and I feel like eati_g for in my TU___ there's room for food and I run with _a__ open wide...

Seriously, you guys are quite good at this game. :P

Anyone going for a "q" "c" "k"?

Oh, and chokos, as i found out today, have even MORE extended fun. 'Mr Choko of the day' that i was skinning left sap all over my hand and when it dried out my hand contracted... It peels off like a really thin layer of PVA. But it doesn't really wash off, not even with soap... SO, plenty of peeling fun!

But chokos are really quite tasty.

- 21/6/05 10:53 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

I have less than half an hour to my first exam... And i'm at uni. So far i've bumped into Vivian walking out after her exam, and Alex, who is sitting next to me!

Alex apparently reads the blogs! Hi Alex!!

I've just discovered a new library! Badham has a library! It's amazing the number of computers, that can connect to the internet on, that you can find around uni!

Bwahahhaha!

Umm. Yeah. Better go learn that case study i found out i REALLY needed to know about just this morning...

Bye bye kiddos!

- 22/6/05 11:32 am
Blogger Catie said...

good luck with your exam! ohwait,it's probably over now...
retrospective luck to you! hi alex, you should add to the commenty goodness...
i feel like a J today.

- 22/6/05 2:15 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Hiya Alex! Post! Post! No lurking around here!

Gimme a w! A w! Actually that reads like awwwww....

- 22/6/05 2:29 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

trees, you should be at your exam now anyway. me always online. whether i'm on blogspots is different, currently reading study notes aka POTO fanfiction :P

feel free to stalk me stalkers! believe me, i'm not worth it, i carry knives around, and very soon, will also be carrying around adrenaline, phenergan, syringes and needles. just come closer baby!!

oh and my eyesight's worse, went to the optemetrist yesterday, getting transition lenses and new frame, one that actually stays on my face, always helps when running around. :)

- 22/6/05 2:58 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

heeheehee, silly Leach, didn't know Badham had a library until I told her *LOL at Leach*

actually, I didn't know Badham was anything but a library...do people actually have classes in Badham?

- 22/6/05 3:27 pm
Blogger Catie said...

badham? what is this badham of which you speak?
have i ever complained about the nursing library to you?
and is anyone else scared by the idea of a pun with bad eyesight running around with knives and needles? *backs away slowly*

- 22/6/05 3:39 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Less scared than if she could see me to aim.

Badham is just up the hill from Manning. As you walk up the graffiti tunnel, the laft hand side is made of Badham.

- 23/6/05 8:12 am
Blogger Vivian said...

oh yes of course! while they renovated badham library, the entrance was in the graffiti tunnel. But badham looks rather boring besides the library.

must check out language centre sometime before i graduate (at the rate i'm studying, i'll have plenty of time)

- 23/6/05 11:06 am
Blogger Ang said...

Yes, trees, I did indeed mean the word "up" in the sense of"up". In an upward direction, uphill, "up" on a map (north). Up, in fact, in every sense but that of climbing the tunnel walls.

Preoblem with Language cantre is that there's never any computers. I recommend, for Manning closeness, the Education building.

- 23/6/05 11:16 am
Blogger Catie said...

pharmacy is always pretty empty, but up many stairs and with a printer that has difficulty coping with pdf... plus v. few help staff... i once stalled the printer about 3 times, about 10 mins before the centre closed and the day before i had to write an essay... memories huh?

on plus side, have more chocolate cake! i think not for long though...

- 23/6/05 1:16 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

- 23/6/05 2:46 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

yay for pharmacy access lab! but i did my exam there yesterday, so maybe not.

..................stairs
...............of
............lots
.........up
......it's
...yes
and

- 23/6/05 2:48 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

And when I think of all that food my gut fills with joy and I feel like eati_g for in my TU___ there's room for food and I run with jaw_ open wide...


Man how come you guys know all these secret places with computers? I always feel really obviously out of place in a building i don't know... Not that i get much time to explore. (I used to explore eastern avenue lawns a lot, all that grass, and grass and stairs and another patch of grass/weeds that were spiky...)

Ach, it's cold and rainy today! Just thought i'd tell you in case you didn't realise... hey! I didn't realise till about 2 o'clock. Well, i realised the cold bit, but it just didn't realise that the lack of light in the house was due to CLOUDS... hmmm *checks to see if brain is working*

Oh well, doesn't matter if it isn't. Only studying management and going to work today.

- 23/6/05 3:06 pm
Blogger Ang said...

oohh...nice *admires effect* I have a new post at last! yay!

- 23/6/05 3:07 pm
Blogger Catie said...

well, i got out of bed and thought "it's sunny, i'll do washing" ...
yeah, i don't know whether it's my eyes or my brain in general that needs checking now.
'S'!

- 23/6/05 3:47 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Leach!
Do you have a paypal account on ebay?? :D :D

- 23/6/05 5:06 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

And when I think of all that food my gut fills with joy and I feel like eati_g for in my TU___ there's room for food and I run with jaws open wide...

Letter count:
Catie + Pun...3 each
Angi..........1
John..........(1) (awwww... )

Guess what!?

My dad bought me a wireless net adapter thingy! Now i don't have to wait till my brother gets home from work everyday to use his! Ole! I can receive the internet in my room, on my laptop at ANYTIME now. Woohoo!

It's fun when my dad spends money on me!

PUN! First you allow us to get stalked (by putting our detailed plans up on spampage) now you ask me for my bank account details. I mean REALLY!

Quack to you!

- 23/6/05 10:31 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

just asking :) there's something i wanna get but its probably a one time thing. so im asking around to see if anyone has a paypal account so i dont have to set it up. and no not bank account, worse, credit card details ;)

Go wireless! Life is so much better with wireless :)

Gimme a y! A y!

- 23/6/05 11:56 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - I'm finishing this off (I think) because 34 comments is obscene! =p

I'll take an M and an N, adding to the Y from minerva.

This has been far too much fun!

- 24/6/05 1:06 am
Blogger Catie said...

hehehe, you know, was just looking at a friends blog and someone had said that 17 comments was obscene... it depends on yur perspective right?

- 24/6/05 12:41 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

lol, well the record at the moment is 42...i would say that's obscene, except 42 is such a good number :)

- 24/6/05 5:58 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> But visit my page anyway... And comment! :P

Have I done my duty? [Guess who!]

- 24/6/05 6:11 pm
Blogger Catie said...

let's see, could it be... bruce? i'm getting 'bruce' vibes here...
42 is a number that could never be obscene. that would really degrade all of our lives...

- 25/6/05 11:46 am
Blogger Minerva said...

no not me, I think it's Kat.

- 25/6/05 1:10 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll never guess! Aha!

- 25/6/05 1:55 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

"Have I done my duty?" - sounds like it could be Alex, but it is unlikely she would have her own page...if she does, where is it?

- 25/6/05 6:30 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

duty? duty?
who did we tell off to stop lurking/get a blogspot/register as a blogger
- Alex
- Kat
Is it someone from highschool or uni?

- 25/6/05 6:32 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

lol, maybe it's our stalker?!





*rotfl*

- 25/6/05 6:33 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

*And we have a new leader!*

well, you told Alex to stop lurking in this thread, don't remember anyone bugging Kat in a while...

- 25/6/05 6:33 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

I'm so unfit....all this blog-chasy is making me tired :P

Just as well holidays are coming, people post so much these days, its hard to keep up. I say, what happened to talking on the phone? oh oops, just remembered, I don't talk when I'm on the phone.

:P

- 25/6/05 6:36 pm
Blogger Catie said...

i know, people don't post and i think "oh, but i want to talk to people" and forget there are other ways of communication/interaction. that's not healthy.

- 25/6/05 8:17 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

And when I think of all that food my gut fills with joy and I feel like eating for in my TUMMY there's room for food and I run with jaws open wide...

And when I think of all that sugar my face turns bright green and I feel like spewing, for in my tummy there's no more room and I run, with jaws open wide...

Therese! I'm ashamed that you didn't notice it was a usydgroup person *shame!*

Hmmm, maybe Daniel is my guess, and if the anon #2 isn't the same person... maybe Alex Fun?

- 25/6/05 10:04 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Dammit! You beat me! *kicks the wall*

- 25/6/05 11:16 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes you think there are more than one of me?

- 25/6/05 11:21 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

There is only one true fun Alex...

- 25/6/05 11:27 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the official mouthpiece of anon. 1, I will state that:
- he denies anything to do with the other anonymous posters on this page (impersonators! Bah)
- his favorite colour is green
- his quest is to think of interesting things to do now that he's finished his exams (which will probably only provide clues to other anonymous posters :-) )

- 26/6/05 9:54 am
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finished his exams? Lets kill him!

- 26/6/05 10:05 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Twas more the 'Bah!' That make me think Gerbil...

- 26/6/05 3:23 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good, Alicia ;-) . I would like to say I provided that clue on purpose, but... bahs are just so much fun!

- 27/6/05 10:16 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Nice sign on name Gerbil... :D

Who are the other (2?) anons?

Aha! - sounds like... Alex I thought. Saritha maybe though. (Or Joel?)

What makes you think that there is more than one of me?
Could'ave been Therese, but from her response later = no.

So maybe... Anna...??? Does she waste time on the net like this?

And the final person wanting to kill James may have been Anna...

hmmm... *will probably never know*

- 28/6/05 8:04 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?