If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

3:32 pm - Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hi all! Special welcome to first time readers of my blog!
And and an extra special welcome to regulars :D.
I've been a bit lax in posting recently but decided on a blog revival seeing as my departure approaches once more. If you click the 'CALENDER' link on the right you can see my current expected itinerary for my time in Japan... Scarcely thought about, but I think affordable.
Well maybe affordable... Hopefully affordable... Fun nevertheless!
I haven't done anything except think about it at this time, so I've got a busy month ahead applying for visas, jobs and sorting out travel insurance, initial accommodation and such.
Eek! The prospect of unprepared travel freaks me out!
I'm treating all gatherings between now and my departure as 'farewells' as many people are flitting to and fro with Christmas and all. Specifically though, maybe a cas beach day on a Wednesday in January...? Darn Hastie! Stole the 12th! :P Or maybe I should hold it on the 12th and make Pun and Steve choose!! Bwahaha, kidding!
That's it for now. Take a peek at my itinerary as it stands HERE. I'd love for you to join me if you happen to be in any of those areas at the time.

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday in celebration of Jesus' birth!!

Conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.

He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.


Feel free to suggest or comment on my itinerary items by clicking the link BELOW!

Up, up, up and away!!

5 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Catie said...

Woot! Updates! Good luck for finding stuff in Japan! Wish I could come visit, but I think I will be both broke and busy... Probably those two things are related.

- 21/12/07 12:37 am
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Looks like you will have alot of fun over in Japan. My flights have changed so I will be back in Oz a week before you leave for Japan, so we could possibly catch up before you go? Where is Harbord Area?

- 23/12/07 2:04 am
Blogger Mel said...

Sorry Anonymous is me. I forgot what my password was. Anyway, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

- 23/12/07 2:10 am
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would go anyway!!

- 31/12/07 3:58 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, not sure if you remember me, but i suddenly got your email about your departure so i decided to look here. I'm Andrew Qiu, from one of the bible study groups of EU in the first semester of this year...with James O. Well it's great to know you're off to Japan and seeing as that's where i'm living right now, was hoping to contact you to help or to meet. And i see in your itinery theres the Ski and snow plans, which happen to also be the same time as mine i think if things go well.
email is acq128@gmail.com

- 2/1/08 3:16 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?