If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

8:31 pm - Monday, August 06, 2007

Hi all... First things first,

YAY to Catie and Andrew!!

Secondly, I've secured an English teaching job in Japan, so will be heading off late Jan - I'll be here for Spally and Matt's wedding, which is nice, but hopefully won't miss any extras...

Return date is approximately mid - end of Septemberish, but I guess if you can't plan your life around me (waaaahhhh) you can't! And I guess I haven't booked flights yet... But I asked work if I could start mid-October so I'd have flexibility to stay longer and travel Asia if I organised it...
Hmmmm... Dreams for after thesis is finished includes learning to play the flute (again, since I haven't really played since high school!!), FINALLY enjoying a summer holiday (maybe take up evening shifts at ticketmaster for some extra dough and chance to get in some concerts? I refuse to take up full time work though...), attending NTE...

But of course that means I ought to actually do my thesis before that... And I haven't touched it since the end of exams! I've heard that last year lots of people took time off during the holidays and still went well, so it should be ok, as long as I get the motivation to GO HARD from now on... Please pray for focus!

Up, up, up and away!!

3 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Catie said...

Yay!
And boo for theses... They'll get done eventually... I'm sure...
Yay for ticketmaster jobs! And summer holidays! And many things :)

- 7/8/07 3:16 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Congrats duuuuude!
Glad you're not gonna be a dish b***h lol. I wanna go to Japan tooooo, so where are you going to be teaching?

- 9/8/07 12:23 pm
Blogger Catie said...

There are many people travelling next year, which might cause difficulties in the planning arena... Just warning you now... :(

- 9/8/07 5:22 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?