If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

10:55 pm - Tuesday, June 12, 2007

So I haven't been too good a blogger for my lovely loyal fans, and the guilt trip has begun to set in :D.

What has happened this month? Not much, my thesis research plan was due some time in the distant past... We also had a blackout in our house and we got to have lit candles everywhere!! *woot* (Noo.... I'm not a pyromaniac at all...)

Over the long weekend we visited a family friend in Katoomba, where they had a black out from trees on the wire, so their house was freeeezzzzzinnng. Sunday was a lovely day catching up with friends from Canberra, eating lindt chocolate (yes there's still some around) and playing 500, with me attempting to learn bridge... (and failing miserably!!)

Since yesterday... Stuvac has begun! Well... kinda... I wasted a lot of time at uni today doing 'thesis work' then running into people on the way home (oh well, i've got half an hour I guess, since i'm just about to miss a bus...) and spending over an hour playing 'JUNGLE SPEED' which is a cross between snap and spoons - and just as violent (sorry Duncan!! Hope you don't get too much questioning over that massive bruise and slice on your forehead!! Get better soon! *blows kisses to make it better*)

I've started a new routine - since it IS stuvac, and allow myself a slow start to the day (like, other than the 10am alarm clock!) by listening to sermon podcasts as I wake, it's pretty cool... I was thinking of going for a jog each morning, but this is so much easier :P. This morning I woke up singing (well, in my head, continuing from the dream I'd just had) "Live for the Kingdom" which was a song introduced to me for the EU Eng/Arch weekend away at the end of May. It's pretty cool to wake up with songs of praise in your head :D.

In other news... The surf has picked up for the first time this month... But I have exams... Bum. Thankfully there's 3 weeks of PURE HOLIDAYS to look forward to (pure holidays minus thesis that is). I'm working 2 days a week during semester Aug/Sept instead of 2 full weeks of holidays.

J. I look forward to our ROMANTIC EVENING at restaurant Balzac!! Mmmm... degustation course with matching wines... hehe, do you think this is misleading Pun? :D

Up, up, up and away!!

2 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Minerva said...

*in melodramatic tone* Oh my heart breaks into a million billion pieces in knowing you are triapsing off with someone else starting with a J for a ROMANTIC FRENCH EVENING *swoons* *heart cracks into a million billion pieces*

*still in melodramatic tone* What time at your place? So I can intervene and steal away this mysterious J person's spot :D :D :D

- 14/6/07 4:37 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Ummmm... We'll wanna catch the 5pm bus, so come before then :D

- 14/6/07 8:07 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?