If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

10:52 pm - Monday, April 23, 2007

Today I left my umbrella in Bosch. Having realised this once already down at eng, and since a couple of the prongs of my umbrella had long since been relieved of thier skin along with it's quite frequent tendency to turn inside out with the slightest hint of a breeze; I decided to abandon it to it's fate.

Alas! Later, looking out the window of the engineering library it was absolutely pelting down! It would have been worth going back for afterall! I managed to catch a half dry lift with Steve's umbrella to the station. (Thanks Steve!) Upon exiting at Ashfield (far away from the downpour) Ben came to pick me up. Ole! Yay for Ben having red P's (as of friday week). I won't be saying this when the car I want to use gets stolen from under my nose, but today it was good :D.

In the backyard we stumbled upon a baby bird being chased by a magpie (?). The baby bird couldn't fly away and the magpie, upon seeing us, abandoned it's pursuit... So we put the baby bird in a cage - to protect it from cats and such, and now we have a free pet! I dug up a couple of earthworms (they're so squishy and squirmy it's gross!) and put them in the cage, within an hour they'd crawled to freedom out of the slits at the bottom of the cage, I released them thinking they probably deserved it, and as such I don't think the bird has eaten anything yet although I also put bread and rice and honey flowers in there... :(

Up, up, up and away!!

3 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Catie said...

:( maybe it's too baby to eat for itself? it needs eyedropper level tender loving care? I don't know... but WIRES might.

and an umbrella wouldn't have been much help yesterday, I had one and still ended up mostly SOAKED.

- 24/4/07 4:09 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

dawwww... eat the birdie, eat the birdie

- 25/4/07 4:12 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

We released it Wednesday morning and mum saw it sitting on the rooftop for a while this morning :P.

- 27/4/07 4:44 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?