If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

12:35 am - Monday, June 05, 2006

On Wednesday I was in Marseilles... Which was UTTERLY pretty. The blue skies and the sparkling water set the scene, as, half awake I trundled around the city, climbing to the cathedral at the highest point of the city...

Thursday after agonising hours on the train, I arrived in Bern and made the best of my last hours of sunlight... Geneva and Lausanne on Friday saw me cruising the lake admiring the alps and enjoying the sunshine. A large visual feature of Geneva is the really tall jet of water - which was off the day I was there because it was too windy...

Totally cheesed out (by my massive fondue dinner the previous night) I sprinted through Zurich on Saturday morning, before the 7 hour journey to Munich, where I now am, in the rain! Not that this drizzle bothers me too much after being in Scotland Ö!

Today I went to an english speaking church, and it happened to be the church's anniversary celebrations... So I got free lunch (and champagne)! A large part of the congregation is African, and the food was sooooo yummy I was practically waddling to the art galleries this afternoon!

Anyhow, I will now go back to my hard hard life of sightseeing and eating German cuisine such as bratwurst and schnitzel and drinking wheaty german beer... Miss you!

Up, up, up and away!!

3 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Catie said...

wow, you've been pretty busy. dashing through europe like that.
how's germany? busy in the lead up to the world cup?
only a few days to go...

- 5/6/06 1:16 am
Blogger Minerva said...

I miss German beer... too. And hearty, hearty helpings of meeeeat, all meeeat. Where's the vegetables you ask?? Oh no it's German cuisine, no vegetables at all.

Marseilles, Geneva, Munich, I covet my neighbour, I truly do, stop leading your Sister astray and stop making me jealous. ;P

- 5/6/06 11:25 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Stop reading till the end of July then Ö.

Today I went to Garmish - the Alps - and went walkies... On the train there were all these 60+ yo cyclists! I felt so unfit (although I did 5 hours straight of walking, so not THAT unfit) it was really really really beautiful - the houses were cool, it was like walking into fairy town!

Will post pics when I get around to it... Lots of panaromas to put together!

Right now though... I'm STTTTAARVVVINNGGG!!! Tschus!

- 6/6/06 3:53 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?