If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

7:09 am - Sunday, April 30, 2006

Arrived in Belfast on Tuesday morning... After getting to the airport 7 minutes before check in closed!! *whew!*

Spent the last 2 days at Portrush, the northern end of the Irish coast. It was soooo nice, long stretches of beach with barely anyone on it, roads that you can walk along right alongside the coastal cliffs. Castle ruins and sea caves that you can explore... mmmm... And of course, also, good Guiness and sunshine!!

Pity there were no waves... I was SOOOO going to hire a full wetsuit and surfboard... Pity there was not much wind... Otherwise the Swedish kite surfer guy I was hanging out with would'ave given me a try!!! :( Oh well, you can't have everything, maybe I'll get into kite surfing too when I get back...

Currently in Galway which is a BEAUTIFUL beautiful city... (translation into normal terms: Lots of clean water about the city.) I think, of all the places I've visited I could work in most... But I could settle in Ireland or Norway... That's probably only because I'm visiting these places in spring though!

After tripping to Dublin to do the tourist thing once more (but not the bus this time, instead, the Guiness brewery!) I get back to Edinburgh on Tuesday arvo...

Wednesday to Saturday I'm visiting the Scottish Island of Mull... And the Monday - Friday after that to the Orkney Islands on the northern tip of Scotland... I get back from that in time for my Bible study weekend away then have 2 days (including my birthday) to study for my final exam (=hardest of the lot 'cause most of the lectures were clashed with field trips!) Uh oh...

Anyhow, having heaps of fun... Hopefully don't have to repeat fluids when I get back!

Up, up, up and away!!

7 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Minerva said...

Duuuuuuude that sounds like so much fun! Guinness eh woman? Free tastings I assume?

Oooooh, Isle of Mull! Orkney Islands! Take me! Take me! From a totally historical perspective, go visit a mound. And have pub meals with salmon and lobsters. Well that's from an eater's perspective.

- 30/4/06 3:10 pm
Blogger Catie said...

wow, always wanted to go to the orkneys. there's a really impressive stone age village somewhere there, and a burial mound with viking graffiti inside. pretty cool. not that ireland is not cool, because of course it is! everything sounds great, except the exam. good luck with that. and enjoy your travelling! Not that you need me to tell you to do that.

- 1/5/06 2:02 am
Blogger Catie said...

You know what, I had a dream last night that I was going to fly over to the Orkneys, to join pun and leach, but I was running late for the plane and I wasn't sure whether I should go and miss all that work. Then I woke up, and on the radio they were explaining this competition where you could win $10,000 and I thought "If I won that, I could fly over to the Orkneys and join Leach, and maybe stop over in Hong Kong on the way back and go to POTO".
I think it's a sign. I should enter the radio competition/travel to the orkneys. :D

- 2/5/06 12:37 am
Blogger Minerva said...

I think so too ;) I think I should enter the comp as well.

- 2/5/06 12:42 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Haha... Talking about running late for the airplane... I cut it tight for both the Ireland ones. On the way I was 7 mins before check in closed, on the way back it had already 'closed' for 5 mins, but since there was a queue it was still going for a bit...

OOPS! I should give myself a little more time to get to the airport maybe...

- 3/5/06 3:22 am
Blogger Catie said...

just maybe... :p
it's just like what happened in my dream, I was running late for the airport... freaky...

- 4/5/06 12:23 am
Blogger Minerva said...

But Cat I thought a lotta of your dreams are about running late ;)

*tsk tsk* Leachypoo, still, lucky they didn't fly off without you, otherwise, the ferry! Yea, that sounds like fun! :D

- 5/5/06 1:13 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?