If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

10:11 pm - Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Flying through the night last Wednesday I arrived in Athens in the early hours of the morning and proceeded to catch a ferry to Mykonos. Why Mykonos? Because it's the one Greek island with a hostel open at this time of year! Still, most of the island was in hibernation, just waiting for the summer spate of tourist, but that didn't stop me admiring the beautiful views, and getting panda sunburn!
As it was winter the hostel was so quiet that the owner gave me a private room; I had my own tv, kitchen and bathroom, and a balcony from which I could admire the sunset!! :D

Heading back into Athens for the weekend (with occasional naps on the 5hr ferry trip) I visited museums, saw the sights,
and consumed tonnes of feta and olives, and violent amounts of sugar (in the form of various honey soaked 'pastries')!

And that, my friends, is Greece in a nutshell. For details of the less glowing report see spampage ==>

Up, up, up and away!!

8 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Vivian said...

dawwwwwww....

:P

- 8/3/06 9:57 am
Blogger Minerva said...

*drools at feta, olives and VARIOUS HONEY SOAKED PASTRIES!!!*
*crys violently*

Well it's not too bad to be jealous, as long as we don't murder the person in question when she returns ;) *schemes, schemes*

You're lucky Leach, Trees doesn't event think of us much ;P She thinks of other people everyday *sighs* dawwwww.........

- 8/3/06 10:10 am
Blogger Catie said...

pretty white houses!

the acropolis reminds me of archaeology... caryatids and whatnot

- 8/3/06 3:37 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Very good point Trees, but sending a packet of poisonous Tim Tams to Edinburgh is just not my style. ;)

- 8/3/06 4:08 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Hmmmm... Though even if you told me I'd probably eat them anyway...

Yes Catie! I was thinking of you when I was looking at the red/black figure pottery!

- 9/3/06 2:14 am
Blogger Catie said...

yay! i feel loved!

- 9/3/06 4:14 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Oohh.. I've booked outward bound flights for May/June now... (check link)

- 11/3/06 11:49 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

*sobs* France again, Portugal, hey hey, no smoking pot if you go anywhere near Amsterdam, got that young lady?
Oh oh are you to Spain or Morocco?

- 12/3/06 1:40 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?