If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

7:37 am - Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hi all! Well... Slowly slowly I seem to be updating this blog... So I decided that i'd better update you on current adventures, and then work on closing the gap in between...

Also, in response to some disgruntled photo viewers, photos are now not alongside the text. Enjoy!

So, this weekend I visited Dublin, catching some free accommodation with the Middletons.

Photo: Lunch at a yummy jap place after church on Sunday.

As per usual with this part of the world, the sky was a sunny sunny blue :P (or maybe that's just my luck...). We made a visit to Wicklow mountains, climbing the "Sugarloaf" that you see here in the background,

from which the view was grand, though a little hazy.

We also visited a cute little town Avoca, the site of an ancient monastry and my first loch, Glendalough in the later afternoon.

Check this sunset!

On Sunday, with the little time left after lunch, Tim, Penny and I were ultra touristy (picture says all...)

Other highlights of the trip included playing doppelkopf (woohoo!) and completing a jigsaw puzzle - even though a piece was missing...

Arriving back in Edinburgh this morning at 8am I headed on home, coffee'd and headed to uni for a 10am lecture!

In other news, my Chinese New Year plans are confirmed to be not very CNY'rie. I've booked a flight to Paris for Wednesday morning, returning Sunday. I leave Edinburgh extremely early on Wed morning, but it means I can go to the young adults Tuesday bible study I've joined (*woot for Tuesdays*) AND I arrive back in time to go to church, which, being in Dublin, I didn't get to this week.

Gong Xi Fatt Cai for the coming weekend guys!

Up, up, up and away!!

10 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Ang said...

Unpronounceable Felicitations to you too! Huzzah!

- 24/1/06 11:12 am
Blogger Catie said...

gong hei fatt choy!

hmm... that means 'give me money', right alicia? ;)

oooh, ireland photos. pretty pretty. Sure Paris will be also. Eat a chocolate eclair for me! Or for yourself, I'm sure you'll get more enjoyment out of it than I will anyway. :)

- 24/1/06 12:39 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

*achem* Gong Hei Faat Choi

Oooh, have a Paris breakfast for me, a bowl of chocolate and a croissant. And eat as many pasties as you can fit. And have a glass of wine with evey meal, except breakfast where you'll have chocolate. And photos, photos, photos!!

- 24/1/06 1:44 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Im Hellena
Im talkin to pun now because she is harrassing me to comment...
I am going to buy myself a new dress lol
oh yeh, hey alicia this is ur comment thing rite?
lol
I love ur fotos! im so jealous of u u 'little bitch (love from pun)'
no really, she did say that
haha
ok then take care everyone
i will prob not read this again until pun harrasses me to look up the blog
so tak care!

- 24/1/06 9:39 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

bloody hell woman!

- 24/1/06 9:41 pm
Blogger Catie said...

hi hellena! if pun's been harassing you again.
lol at you all

- 25/1/06 2:45 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Woot! Nisha (American Xchange student) is coming to Paris with me!

- 25/1/06 2:59 am
Blogger Alicia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

- 25/1/06 3:04 am
Blogger Catie said...

is that today?

- 25/1/06 2:14 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Damn that girl's a Paris now. ;(

- 26/1/06 2:25 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?