If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

3:32 am - Saturday, January 14, 2006

So, FINALLY I have internet access set up in my room, and the University semester has kicked off to a rolling start. This week I've only had 4 days, with 2 hours of class on each day, but there's really been enough to do - shopping, cooking attempts, sorting out bank accounts and my internet and sightseeing.

Yesterday I walked to the shoreline.













It took about 2 hours, one way and was TINY, a full on industrial area, and there were NO WAVES :(. Oh well, at least that removes some temptation :P.

These are my English flatmates:

Jess, Jen and Ruth (left to right) all freshers, I'm the oldest of us all (wow, for once i'm the oldest!).

So far I've met lots of international students; there are TONNES from America, and a few people in my course.

Oh, and there is sun in Edinburgh:

Even if it is pouring next hour... (Then sunny again the hour after that...)

Oh, and Jess is having a belated P-party tonight. She's Puss in boots, Jens' poison ivy, Ruth, pregnant (or powerranger, she hasn't quite decided...) and mine is where the title of this blog entry comes in...

Up, up, up and away!!

7 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Ang said...

Hello!

*waves*

Also, Awww, I wanna go to a party as Puss in Boots. *pout* What fun!

- 14/1/06 9:04 am
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha

Sounds like your having a great time. We have 3 people going to Japan including me. So if you have any suggestions about where you want to go, let me know as well as the dates and time for when you are arriving and departing in Japan. Also what airport are you planning to fly into?

- 14/1/06 2:44 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Like, totally sweet. Flying into Tokyo Narita 9:10am, July 1st. Flying out 8:40pm Saturday 15th. Due back in Sydney 7am 16th July.

Hi Angi! *waves* Jess looked real good.

- 14/1/06 3:39 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

She's, she's, she's ALIIIIIIVE!!!!!!! *sobs*

Oooh, at least it was you know, some kinda sun out.

My baby's aliiiiive...

So how exactly do we write your addy?? And your number dialling?? British numbers have got to be somewhere up top of the worst in the world. I'm sure Kazakhstan pretty bad too but , oi vey British numbers.

- 14/1/06 6:52 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Um, no i didn't... I'm planning on recovering from jet lag (though I know ancon people will be going away just after...)

- 14/1/06 11:11 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Well jetlag is bad really. I vote that Trees has something on the 16th, and I'll have something after on a Friday possibly.

- 15/1/06 12:06 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Oooh ahh, you are making it later for me... YAY!

- 15/1/06 7:01 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?