If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

12:32 am - Friday, October 14, 2005

UPCOMING:
Wong Week #2
Wednesday 23rd November - Raspberry Gelato day (my house?)
Friday 25th November - Freshwater, fun in the sun!

PAST:
Farewell Party!
Friday 18th November
My house! Beware, there may be soccer...
Daytime, le'ssay 11:30am onwards (to be kicked out at 5pm so we can head on to the "Yay")
BYO meat for a bbq.
RSVP: Monday 14th Nov. (Or about there...)

G.A.S.U.S.
"Gargoyle Appreciation Society of the University of Sydney"
Wednesday, Week 13 (26th October), 1pm
Room 5, Level 5, Wentworth Building
Who: Civil engos + lots! (37??)

Now waiting to see if we are approved as a society (though Doppelkopf had less attendance and we still got it :D)

Fish Markets Lunch! *yum!*
Saturday 29th October
Sydney Fish Markets, 12pm
( Pun, Cat, Angi, Kathryn, Hannah, Karen & I...)

What can I say... To all that were there i'm sure you'll say it was great, even if you are a little burnt...

Howls Moving Castle (Newtown Dendy)
"You may be a turnip, but you're a good turnip..."

You notice more of the detail and cleverness on second watching!

Heated debates on whether Howl looks hotter with blonde or black hair ensue. Nevertheless we have more recruits to the 'Howl is Hot' club! :P

Oh! It was SOO good! I think, can I say it's BETTER than Totoro and Spirited away... And Howl was hot!(What's with the falling for anime/manga characters and not real guys...!!? Although Kyo- Fruits Basket -is #1!) Although my favourite character was Calcifer, the fire, he was cool. (Or HOT rather... but... in the literal sense only). :D

Up, up, up and away!!

100 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Minerva said...

Can't go to your farewell party... stupid morning shift... :(

- 14/10/05 10:35 am
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the GASUS
plug!

Everybody come!

- 14/10/05 5:49 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Pun, NOOO!! :(

We'll have a fish market lunch on the week after yes? Are you free the week after?

- 15/10/05 9:46 am
Blogger Catie said...

Howl's Moving Castle v. good, but i missed the very beginning. i wanna see it again! waaah! of course, you are seeing it monday... but i do have an assignment due tuesday...

hehehe, gargoyles.
but count me in for your farewell party!

- 15/10/05 2:28 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

I'm free on weekends :D *looks hopeful*

- 15/10/05 6:23 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Yay... Ummm... Sat 29th or 5th (or 12th but that's the wkd before 3 exams so...). Take your pick guys!

ack! 6 weeks left...

- 16/10/05 1:05 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

I think i have an exam on that Friday....

- 16/10/05 1:51 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

oh and i'm a bit behind on this blog reading thing, but if you are still trying to work out how to get the both date and time to show for comments, you go to Settings, then Comments, then under Comments Timestamp Format you can choose whatever.

- 16/10/05 1:56 pm
Blogger Catie said...

mmm... fish markets... marinated baby BBQ octopus (or octopi, or octopotes)

- 16/10/05 6:19 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

I'd rather the 29th coz my exams are earlier than you guys' 9th/10th/11th. But I'm up for the 5th as well if it calls for it.

- 16/10/05 7:05 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Uh, good 'cause my exams are 8th, 15th, 16th, 17th (usyd exam period is 7th-18th)

- 16/10/05 10:51 pm
Blogger Ang said...

mine go from the 5th to the 14th, I think. Ugh, the 14th has 2 on the same day. Again. Latin at 9, then Psych in the afternoon. Again. Hopefully I won't get get an only just pass for the afternoon Psych. Again.

I'm seeing a pattern in my life. Like tress after the HSC, it keeps repeating itself, it keeps repeating itself.

- 17/10/05 2:52 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

hmmm I see the comments have dates now! so people can go blog-chasy all the more effectively...

Well Trees, "gna" is Ang backwards, but I don't see what "aargh" backwards would mean...do I get 5i stars?

- 17/10/05 8:51 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

ohhh... *in understanding* I get what Angi's at, took me awhile.
But I don't remember the text. :( Actually that's a good thing :D

- 17/10/05 11:02 pm
Blogger Catie said...

>Howl was hot!
i'll say so!
which is not why i loved the film, and am SO up for seeing it again, if i have time and/or money.

i've totally lost the comment conversation thread though...

- 18/10/05 4:22 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

RSVP to Howls#2, Fish Market lunch or Farewell?

I got an acceptance letter from Edinburgh!

- 21/10/05 12:19 am
Blogger Catie said...

yay for acceptance! *dances*
not sure about RSVP due to level of unsure-ness about funds and essays. aargh! must write essays!
*stresses*

- 21/10/05 12:16 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

I'm coming with bells on! To the fish market. Ok maybe not bells, ok maybe something that doesn't copy Angi, coz Angi already has bells, or a bell.

- 22/10/05 6:05 pm
Blogger Ang said...

dingdingdingding!

- 23/10/05 2:50 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Oh yea, how are you getting in on Saturday Leach?

- 24/10/05 3:12 pm
Blogger Catie said...

BBQ octopus!

- 25/10/05 5:08 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

bus and walk as always?

- 25/10/05 5:37 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

hmmm... then I'll trail you there, *hehehe* where should I meet you?

- 25/10/05 5:52 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

You know that secret messages ain't secret messages when you press 'Show Original Post' ;P

- 25/10/05 5:52 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

umm... Outside entertainment centre maccas... what time doya think?

Yes Pun, I know that, but really, who clicks that link...?

There's no way to edit this white comment page, so I can't really do anything about that... :(

- 25/10/05 6:07 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

well i dont know what time, you said meet at fish markets at 1200.

- 25/10/05 6:16 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Oh, but if Trees comes we will start at 11!! Trees! We're starting early because of you!! Are you coming?

- 25/10/05 6:27 pm
Blogger Catie said...

hehehe, blog chasey/conversation

- 25/10/05 7:57 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

So what time do i meet you at maccas?

- 26/10/05 10:42 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Sometime close to 10:35... My bus gets in about then.

- 26/10/05 11:13 am
Blogger Ang said...

12!? I'll have to get up all early then, since I nned to go to the markets for a biurthday present on Saturday. Oh the suffering. And also, yay!

- 26/10/05 3:09 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Well, we'll head with the majority, but Ang and Cat can come at 12 if you wish?! Pun and I will still be going strong :D

- 26/10/05 4:07 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Right place, pretty much that time anyway. SO, new time 10:45, we leave entertainment maccas at 10:50 (so there is no lateness barrier anymore!), get to the fishmarkets at 11:05 (or so) how about that?

- 26/10/05 6:53 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Noone can stop me! Except maybe cityrail. I'll be there round 1030, without bells on. But clothes on, with clothes on. :P

- 26/10/05 6:58 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Awww, nuts!
*snaps fingers in disappointment*

Oh well, I'll just have to wait until Terrigal then...

What say we meet you at the fish markets at 12ish,then?

- 26/10/05 7:52 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Or, y'know 11ish, depending.

- 26/10/05 7:54 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

*sigh* ive got my 21st next year, believe me when i say i'm gonna try my hardest not to reveal too much. :P

- 26/10/05 8:52 pm
Blogger Catie said...

people, be ready with your cameras... ;)

- 27/10/05 11:18 am
Blogger Ang said...

Poor trees! :C

- 28/10/05 4:39 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

hehe, she's propping up her eyelids with matchsticks, hehe, less painful than toothpicks I suspect. Keeheeehee ;P

- 28/10/05 5:29 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

oh oh if trees can't go, do we still have to meet that early??

- 28/10/05 8:53 pm
Blogger Catie said...

all the events are done! except for the farewell party (with possible soccer).
aargh! farewell party! you'd better keep us updated while you're away!

and yes, fishmarkets were good, BBQ octopus was all i hoped for, sunburn not so good... nice to see you all! remember to play nicely...

- 30/10/05 6:48 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Eh, but Howl's could still happen again!! *anyone??*

- 30/10/05 9:12 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

me! me! me!

- 30/10/05 9:47 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Yes I did! Also, I didn't have to pay 'cause Liam blungared* us! :D

But I saw Spirited Away on wednesday and (even though dubbing does make it worse) I think that Howls is better! Funnier... :D

Soo... Pick a new date guys! (Not as in throw away current boyfriends and choose new ones, but date as in day-to-go) Monday nights are cheaper - by a couple of $$ or so - at Newtown Dendy.

However, after exams would be better for me. Thursday 17th evening? I can drive (free parking behind) or Monday 21st? Hopefully it's still playing. Any later than that and it's getting a bit close to leaving point...


*One of the few Malay words I know...

- 30/10/05 10:14 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anytime after the 8th Nov is good for me to go see Howl's. Good luck everyone with exams.

- 30/10/05 11:12 pm
Blogger Catie said...

monday cheaper? lets go then!

wow, your blog is totally winning on number of comments now. although i maybe not technically, since this one post has been updated and therefore is equivalent to several...

- 31/10/05 12:11 am
Blogger Alicia said...

i'm sure there was a high 50's somewhere in the past... but

>equivalent to several...
yes, yes I think it is...
(Therefore you can't tell me to put up a new post! Right?!)

Pun looked and there's only day sessions... Does that mean it's peatering out and there won't be any by the time we finish exams? NOOO!!

- 31/10/05 12:14 am
Blogger Ang said...

I have TWO exams on Mon 14/11! *wails*

- 1/11/05 1:51 pm
Blogger Ang said...

and there's only half an hour's gap between them! *panic*

- 2/11/05 1:57 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Poor Ang. *pats consolingly on head*

- 2/11/05 9:38 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

But but... Wong... and YOUR EXAMS ARE AGES AWAY WOMAN! and chocolate, or HOWLS!! yeah howls!!!
and Trees is driving (I think...)

I bags a lift homesies!!

- 3/11/05 5:36 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

she would strangle you, slowly, very slowly...

- 3/11/05 6:51 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

>why she hasn't posted for ages

Well if you haven't noticed the one post has been updated like 20+ times because we have different events on! Obviously you've just been missing the events... :P

And if you don't come - fine don't see Wong then. I'm not sure if she's coming to the dinner... I think she's going home between 1pm and Howls, so she might eat at home for cheapness sake (and to be with her family) and so you won't see her till next winter either...

- 3/11/05 8:40 pm
Blogger Catie said...

i should be there, for dinner and movie.

wow, so many comments... updating same post is cheating!

yay for howls! not so yay for still infinished essay. only 1500 words to go though...

- 3/11/05 10:03 pm
Blogger Catie said...

in, un, same thing...

- 4/11/05 3:50 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

*cough* black hair.

And it's Calcifer, oh he was so cute when he was hanging onto dear life in the black pail, when Sophie was cleaning out the fireplace.

- 5/11/05 2:39 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Mmm... Long blonde hair...

Though he still did look good with black - but not as good...

Oh, and thanks, I was thinking Lucifer except with a Cr but... yeah...

- 5/11/05 3:50 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

*cough* black hair

- 5/11/05 4:09 pm
Blogger Ang said...

na-aah! blonde and the cool coat.

Have now watched it twice, and still not completely sure I got the whole plot, but yay anyway!

- 5/11/05 4:17 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

*cough cough* black hair, blue eyes, yes coat was quite nice ;)

- 5/11/05 4:36 pm
Blogger Catie said...

wow, 73, this is getting ridiculous!

i did think blonde hair, but now i'm kinda going with black... oh, what the hell, they're both good :)

- 5/11/05 5:36 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

okay, okay, maybe they're both good. Just maybe. I still prefer my men in black cloaks with black hair though.

- 5/11/05 7:50 pm
Blogger Ang said...

I can see Pun is some kind of costume bar, picking up DarkAndMysterious(TM) men.... "Hey, nice cloak, it's look great on the floor next to my bed.*wink*"

- 5/11/05 8:19 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

lmao, yes it'll definitely look good on the floor next to my bed. lol rotf, oh Erik, where are you?? ;P

- 5/11/05 8:51 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Catie says that you writing "rolls on the floor, oh erik where are you?" is kind of worrying, since you didn't put "laughing" after it...

Also, edit: my comment above should say "it'll", not "it's".

- 5/11/05 9:23 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Ooohh.. how technologically superior! (Catie's laughing at me for my ineptness... excuse me a moment....*stabs Cat with nail scissors* *returns, wiping hands* where were we? Oh yes...)

I'm terribly impressed. These things, as some of the dearly departed have had occassion to comment, are completely beyond me.

- 5/11/05 9:39 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

rotfl - note new added l on the end. rolling on the floor laughing, or you know rotfwiabbc, rolling on the floor wrapped in a big black cloak/cape ;)

ooooh she has a footer

- 5/11/05 10:07 pm
Blogger Catie said...

wrapped in a 'big black cape' huh pun?

- 5/11/05 10:38 pm
Blogger Ang said...

or "cape" perhaps. *makes exaggerated inverted commamovements in the airwith hands*

Or rotfwae...ohbc?

Rolling on the floor wrapped around Erik... on his big cape.

In fact, I'm going to go with inverted commasaround the "cape" there too....

hehehe...
*is immature*

- 5/11/05 10:41 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

rotfl, oh I'm dying, dying here, rotfl

thats it I'm gonna change my rotflmao to rotfwaeohbc from now on. lol, ahahahaha!!

- 6/11/05 1:12 am
Blogger Catie said...

hmmm... would take longer to type though. but more funny :D

- 6/11/05 3:05 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Wait, what does this mean? : "Daytime, about 11:30am onwards (to be kicked out at 5pm so we can head on to the "Yay")" What "yay"?

- 6/11/05 8:23 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Awww... but I'm not invited to that other one! That's not fun, you'll all get to see Leach later than me!

- 7/11/05 8:31 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Well you won't be getting any until the farewell at least is over...

- 7/11/05 2:48 pm
Blogger Catie said...

... but the beach day is after that, ang. :P
aaawww... leach's not writing any more posts :(

- 7/11/05 4:25 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Trees or I won't be "getting any" leach? What an odd thing to say. Really more Pun, I'd have thought.

o.0

(Iiiiiiiii'm kidding. I figured out what yu meant eventually. Also, isn't that the best smiley ever?^)

- 7/11/05 7:26 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

o.o is not really a smiley, it's a "Oooh what big eyes you have"

- 7/11/05 9:29 pm
Blogger Ang said...

it is too a smiley! *sticks out tongue*

Besides, you're doing this, o.o
I'm doing this o.0
you see? with a zero? for unevenness. Makes it look confused/sceptical/mad.

And adorable! ^.^

- 8/11/05 10:12 am
Blogger Minerva said...

*shakes head*

- 8/11/05 12:08 pm
Blogger Ang said...

I've just realised that o's and 0's are virtually indistiguishable in that font. That explains it.

Alicia: where did you get the Studio Ghibli films?

- 8/11/05 1:25 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

birthday present from usyd group I believe ;)

- 8/11/05 1:38 pm
Blogger Ang said...

-.-

how disheartening.

- 8/11/05 3:38 pm
Blogger Ang said...

100th comment! I win!

- 8/11/05 3:39 pm
Blogger Catie said...

dammit! i wanted that comment! i was waiting and everything.

so nah!

- 8/11/05 3:39 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

*shakes head again*

- 8/11/05 3:41 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Careful, you'll get a neckache if you keep that up.

- 8/11/05 5:41 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has gone on far too long now.

You should blog again.

- 9/11/05 7:55 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Wasn't that because Cameron posted 5+ times in a row Therese... o_-

- 9/11/05 9:07 pm
Blogger Catie said...

hehehe, kat doesn't know whether she's ang or not...

the space bar didn't work, so that said kat doesn't know whether she sang or not. did you sing?

- 9/11/05 11:48 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Hehe, I didn't get you for a while there cat... I was like: "Huh? What spacebar? OOHHH YOUR spacebar..." Hmm. Kat may have sung when she realised she wasn't restricted by Therese's mathematical constrictions...

- 10/11/05 12:10 am
Blogger Ang said...

Aaargh! I can't satnd there being 110 comments any longer!

Yay for the Eleventy First Comment, made by ME!

- 11/11/05 9:08 pm
Blogger Catie said...

now to disppear???

- 12/11/05 11:21 am
Blogger Ang said...

no. not at all.

- 12/11/05 1:28 pm
Blogger Catie said...

everyone has disappeared! time for a new post?

- 13/11/05 3:33 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

My passport arrived in the mail today! *dances*

I had to send it to Canberra to get a visa... I have a visa *bounces round the room*

Only it goes from 23/12/05-26/6/06 and my flight leaves London 30/6/06?!?!?!?! Stupid visa office couldn't they have given me 4 more days??!!

It's times like this you need...

a PUNCHING BAG!

Punching the air just ain't satisfying enough...

Arrgh gotta go, bus comes in 10.

- 15/11/05 12:08 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

So what are you gonna do for those 4 days??

Leach says to British deportation people on the 30th June '06
"No need I can kick myself out." *kicks herself*

- 15/11/05 6:47 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

I don't know... But I do know that I just spent $224 to buy a visa that only lets me stay 2 more days than if I hadn't had one...

SO FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLIIIippin angry!

They're lucky they're in Canberra otherwise i'd be yelling my head off at them even now.

- 15/11/05 10:22 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

ouch, now don't go punching holes in walls hon, visas suck yes but unfortunately they're needed, hehehe, as you know ;)

Eeep, sooo... *assaults a visa guy for Leach*

- 15/11/05 11:37 pm
Blogger Catie said...

stupid visas... that is annoying.

yay soccer!

sorry, where was i? oh yes, that sounds confusing,and irritating, has it worked itself out? do you need to do anything drastic?

- 16/11/05 11:57 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?