If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

10:09 pm - Saturday, October 01, 2005

Don't know anime? Here's your chance!
*FREE SCREENINGS* (unless of course you don't own a TV)

On Wednesdays in October SBS is screening some of em (which I own and have seen - thanks to wonderful wonderful people - except for Spirited Away):
5th, 10pm - Laputa: Castle in the Sky
12th, 10pm - Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds
19th, 10pm - Kiki's Delivery Service
26th, 10pm - Spirited Away

EDIT: For more info on these shows go to the Studio Ghibli website

My holidays have been great, i did aforementioned stuff and saw CATCF with Viv and James - and tried to do to James what I did to Steve on Ancon ('cause he'd been on a hardcore 2 day hike)
*Kicks back of knee while unsuspecting - doh! you didn't collapse!*
It'd probably work on me now - as I am bruised by some stupid boy who couldn't control his board *grrr*

Anyway, enjoy your long weekend, i'll enjoy my 3 hours of double pay on monday :D

Up, up, up and away!!

22 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Ang said...

"My holidays have been great, i did aforementioned stuff and saw CATCF with Viv and James - and tried to do to James what I did to Steve on Ancon ('cause he'd been on a hardcore 2 day hike)
*Kicks back of knee while unsuspecting - doh! you didn't collapse!*
It'd probably work on me now - as I am bruised by some stupid boy who couldn't control his board *grrr*"

Ok, my problem here is that I just read Cat'spost on Spampage. I'll reread this all again later and see what you actually mean, read other stuff than the subtext which isn't actually here....

- 1/10/05 11:49 pm
Blogger Jenfafa said...

Yay my first actual secret message.. I'm so excited :: cheers for alicia::

- 1/10/05 11:52 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

See Vivian! It IS dodgy and ambiguous. :P Maybe only to Angi though...

- 2/10/05 1:10 am
Blogger Catie said...

haven't watched much anime (does pokemon count?) but really loved spirited away. really, realy. so now would be happy to watch more and am cursing my lack of sbs. :(

- 2/10/05 2:01 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Or you can borrow them off Pun if your antenna doesn't pick up sbs. lol ;)

- 2/10/05 11:50 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Well, my tv gets sbs perfectly thank you. *humpf* Coz it's under cable. It's the Lilyfield TV that doesn't pick sbs up. You're missing out on Iron Chef, man I love that show, the host is freakily dressed.

Dubbed, yes only for lazy foreigners, purists should watch with subtitles and Jap.

- 3/10/05 10:18 am
Blogger Ang said...

*is a lazy foreigner*

Ha! I hate peole like me, who watch things in english and don'tspeak Jap! I don't know they don't allgo back to Australia or wherever is it they come from. >.<



(hehehe.... am a travesty :D )

- 3/10/05 11:34 am
Blogger Minerva said...

yes it definitely is a firefox thing.
So what's this about JJ???

- 3/10/05 12:51 pm
Blogger Catie said...

well, i still think dubbed anime is better than dubbed live action, and practically bearable. but of coursesubtitles rule. no question.

hehehe, ang is a travesty. i've been saying so for years, but no-one ever listens. :p

hi pun!

- 3/10/05 12:52 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

sometimes dubbing is good... rarely though.

Pun: you have to literally read between the lines to see what I did to JJ.

We oughta have a anime movie night...

- 3/10/05 1:05 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

I still don't get it. JJ?? If this has to do with SydUni, I'd have zilch idea.

Yes, anime night sounds good.

But I feel like a horror night too. I feel like exposing you guys to Bram Stoker's Dracula, I wanna be Mina!! Ok only in some scenes (Stop Pun stop!!) ehehehehe. Mmm... Gary Oldman as Dracula... *kicks herself*

- 3/10/05 1:39 pm
Blogger Ang said...

She sounds like Boudicaa or some other celtic dame after perhaps a night of heavy drinking,or a ride on one of those spinny ridesat Luna Park or the Easter Show.

- 3/10/05 7:43 pm
Blogger Catie said...

i was thinking "nausea" myself, but that's kind of nasty.
so, i can borrow anime off pun? or leach? please? :D
times show up when comment writing. although, maybe not in firefox. poor trees. but i love foxes :)

- 3/10/05 7:47 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Yes, so was I, that's why I said "after perhaps a night of heavy drinking,or a ride on one of those spinny ridesat Luna Park or the Easter Show. " Y'know, 'cause they're nauseating?

In other highly embarrassing news, I didn't realise that there was invisible stuff, and therefire had no idea what "secret message" y'all were talking about, until this evening.

- 3/10/05 9:45 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Hey! What happened to your links, Leach? They suddenly say "edit-me"! The sky is falling! (and I should really start writing that essay due in 11 hours... aaargh! *kills self*)

- 3/10/05 9:52 pm
Blogger Catie said...

11 hours! you're laughing! but not as much as pun, you should see her, rolling on the floor and everything...

- 3/10/05 10:22 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

I went on the edit page to try and get the date on comments (viv, how did you manage it?) and things like to reset themselves.

Anyway, all is good now, (luckily I have back up in case I do anything stupid - as is typical and perfect example seen there)\

And Angi! You gave away the secret message and didn't even know it! At least my stupidity lessened your ignorance of invisible writing. :D Yay!

- 3/10/05 10:48 pm
Blogger Catie said...

will people kill me if i say... i don't think i've ever seen totoro?

- 7/10/05 12:23 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

will not kill... will however say, "You are doomed."

- 7/10/05 4:18 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

LOL yes, will then stalk after trees and catr separately ;P
I highly recommend Nausicaa and Totoro. Totoro reminds me of when I was a kid. Nausicaa even more because of the haunting theme song. *sighs*

- 7/10/05 11:22 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Catie, i'll see you on Monday, do you want to borrow my Ghibli?

- 8/10/05 5:45 pm
Blogger Catie said...

yes please! i have assignements, so will need cheering up in the form of anime. or maybe will take forever to see them.

- 8/10/05 7:41 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?