If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

3:45 am - Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I saw "The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe" last night!! (on the 5th) it was the world premier and my mum's cousin was invited but didn't want to go, so he offered it to myself and my cousin Alissa :D. She dressed as a lampost (with a lantern hat) and I as the wardrobe, with empty coathangers, and we got some ATTENTION! (Yay, what I love, as you all well know...) It was REALLY GOOD - I recommend you all go - and it didn't spoil the book at all! It did have some changes - as movies from books always will, but though noticable it was cool and funny, so... YAY

On Sunday I went to my cousin Nigel's church, FGA, a church of membership ~10,000 *eek!* - as I wanted to see what a charismatic church was like... hey weren't as scary as I expected. :P yes, they did some speaking in tongues, but no falling over or jumping up and down... Though they did clap after everything - even the announcements (which took 20mins). The preacher was quite bible centred, but then again he was a guest preacher and Nigel said he was one of those who wasn't likely to be invited back again, so... hmm...

Surprisingly (to me at least) I found the preacher was even more aggressive than the EU - "every morning pray for an opportunity that day" - like, wow... Provoking and encouraging :D. Some of the songs were great but others were quite repetitive... (Like the same verse and chorus 10 times over!??! Enough already) And it was such a big church that if you didn't go with anyone you'd just get lost... *note to self, look at church size for Edinburgh*

Anyway, on the food side (for Pun's benefit) we've eaten roti and chicken rice and nasi lamak (excuse all spelling) and wanton and satay and bak kut tay and much much more mmmmm... And Nigel (thanks Nigel!) introduced me to a fantastic bitter/sourish drink - a mixed sour plum drink - and it's so GOOD! Although I haven't eaten the sour plum in it since the first drink... :D

I did feel a little food sick yesterday, but maybe that was due to the 1L of icecream William (another cousin) and I were polishing off the night before. Though it could be all the oil and unhealthiness catching up with me... *sighs*

Anyway, I'm heading off to Malacca tomorrow morning with dad, mum, Ben, and Uncle Neil (one of our wonderful hosts/drivers! :D) which means I have to wake in 7 hours time (Malaysian time is 3 hours before Aussie time).

toodooloo! Take care! Beware, the feature spot may soon be replaced!

Up, up, up and away!!

14 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Catie said...

wow! exciting niceness! maybe should go see The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe now... food still sounds good :)

- 7/12/05 6:37 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Mmmm... roti, nasi lemak... *wipes up droooool*
Oooh oooh oooh, must see LWW *jumps up and down clapping*

Ah, I will have to change my reply on my blog then, I thought you dressed up for HP, which I assume you haven't seen yet?

*sobs* World premiere... you got to see the world premiere... *sobs and sighs* well well well we can wait another 18 days, can't we, can't we......

- 7/12/05 11:37 pm
Blogger Catie said...

so... thinking of dressing up for LWW pun? better not invite josh then ;p

- 8/12/05 12:29 am
Blogger Minerva said...

yea I know eh? :P :P :P

well it's out on Boxing day... which means Cat'll be in Scone or Canberra... and everyone else, where's everyone else?

- 8/12/05 4:56 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

In London!! (well, arriving...)Bwahahahaa!!

- 8/12/05 10:07 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

*nicks a virtual candy cane*

Yes, yes, hmmmm... oh yea, are you gonna get a mobile or phone in Edinburgh, I can call you then. Hehehe 11 hours diff. I've gotta spend at least $50 per month on my mobile and I'm struggling to make it to $30. I've got a cap of $230/month.

- 9/12/05 9:26 pm
Blogger Catie said...

oh oh, call me, call me! *jumps up and down*

*mutters to self* no, that didn't sound too desperate, not at all...

- 9/12/05 11:58 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

My room should have a phone, also getting a sim card. Though if you get skype and a microphone it's free...

- 10/12/05 4:25 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Oh oh oh when are your parents coming back?? Can they bring back Schloer??

- 21/12/05 12:31 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Too heavy kiddo! (Anyway, I've introduced it to Ben... So if I bring some back...)

- 3/1/06 12:39 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Come on, come on, you're alive, good, good. Now hurry up and post. Come on, we're waiting.

- 11/1/06 8:52 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

I can set up internet in my room from tonight... Sorry, but I just didn't want to spend my life in computer labs at uni updating my blog.

However, tonight is my flatmates belated b'day party, so no can do, very soon though!

- 13/1/06 9:39 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Well email and tell us you're phone number(s), or what we have to dial etc. And you're address so we can send you parcels of Tim Tams. ;)

And, and post woman, post. We want details, when you started uni, how dark and damp it is in Edinburgh, what time the sun rises, the average temperature, the coolest temperature, what you're eating, what you're eating when you're not full yet, how much beer have you drunk, how many times you've fallen on your face, etc.

Oh yes, and remember to check out Wong's blog at http://www.xanga.com/GI_JAZZ

- 14/1/06 12:53 am
Blogger Minerva said...

I just noticed my spelling. Wow, it's waay to early in the morning here. Your, your, your. *yikes* This is what happens when I type my ranting, my spelling goes haywire and I don't know if my sentences make sense.

- 14/1/06 1:31 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?