If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

3:57 pm - Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Am just reading the details of the offer letter now. Will come back and update later!

Yay! *dances*

UPDATE:
Ok, so it's sort of like the SUV (Sydney Uni Village)
- I'm allocated a single room in A HERRING!! wait, no... It says
a shared flat. Works out to be $170/week with bills included and get this UNI BROADBAND INTERNET! WOOHOO!

Address: 30/7 Sciennes Room 1, Edinburgh, EH9 1NJ, GBR
Tenancy: 7-1-06 till 2-6-06.

Spent some time yesterday looking up the uni Christian group "Christian Union" and, because they had a church guide online, narrowing it down to a choice of 3 that are nearby. Two of them 'church of Scotland' (ie. Presby) and a baptist...

Packing is coming along, I can now fit everything I need (maybe not everything I want) in a rolly suitcase and a backpack. Will have to go find a sturdy daypack before the end of the week (in these 3 days!), also would be good to buy a proper down sleeping bag (and hopefully that can serve as a doona for the next 6 months), may have to head to Birkenhead Kathmandu in a bit, or that camping store on Parra rd.

HOWEVER, my mum has also 'finished' packing... She made the family things fit by passing all the prezzies over to me to pack??!! But I can't really fit them... Will see when I get the day pack.

Woohoo for not sleeping in the drain!
Woohoo for broadband internet!
Woohoo for fitting stuff in packing!

Edit:
Well... I'll fit with a day pack... But i'm currently 25kg. Do you reckon they'll let me go a bit over because i'm a slight person? Do they get to have 100kg on average per person? Then i'm still under the weight limit! (If it's 80kg/pp then I'm just on the limit...)

Up, up, up and away!!

8 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Catie said...

you have accomodation? yay!

- 22/11/05 4:45 pm
Blogger Ang said...

Don't yay yet, it might be that she'll be staying inside a bear or something, then we'd feel insensitive....

- 22/11/05 8:03 pm
Blogger Catie said...

so, are you staying inside a bear? are you?

wait, are there bears in scotland???

- 22/11/05 10:24 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

We should find out, let's go to Scotland, I'll take Isle of Skye, you take the Hebrides. ;)

- 22/11/05 10:40 pm
Blogger Catie said...

that's pretty good... yah. yay for broadband! and accomodation! see, she's not sleeping in a bear :P

good luck with the weight limit!

- 23/11/05 12:09 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

You wanna borrow my sleeping bag?? It's small enough to carry round and easy to stuff into the bag. Sms me if needed. But of course, if you damage it in any way, I. Will. Kill. You.

Have fun with the limits though. Hopefully they're not too harsh but you know, a kilo or 2 over, they shouldn't make it too bad. Is it hand carry though coz they didn't check the weight of mine before, you just check the size of it yourself at the airport.

Yays for accommodation!

"Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery! ... Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get the two-level effect with a little path running down the middle. ... Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring!" *evil cackle*

- 23/11/05 10:53 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Otherwise carry a Duty Free bag onto the plane. ;)

- 23/11/05 10:54 pm
Blogger Catie said...

Ni! *runs away*

- 24/11/05 1:57 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?