as earthly passions die.
All for you, I sing,
for you took away my sin.
Give me a hunger for you word,
let me not by sin be lured,
And to you alone be glory Lord, glory in the highest,
and to you alone be honour Lord, every knee shall bow.
The Holy Spirit works within,
cleansing me of my desire to sin,
my relationship with God to build;
the God to whom all things will yield,
the God whose love and awesome power
sustains me, builds me, hour to hour.
And to you alone be glory Lord, glory in the highest,
and to you alone be honour Lord, every knee shall bow.
Thank you Lord for Jesus your Son,
what can I give for what you've done?
But my life you'd take from me I pray,
and use for your purposes day to day.
That I may praise you before your throne
and see my life as not my own,
But live to give you glory Lord, glory in the highest,
and live to give you honour Lord; that every knee shall bow.
I was adding things to my little 'section' next to my bed which has a collection of prayer points, verses for courage, and encouragement and this is what I happened to write when considering how we should treat God:
ARRGH!
Awe filled, Reverence, Respect, Glory, Honour!
I thought it quite amusing when that anagram came out...
I know I don't fear/revere God enough, or stop to consider the extent of his perfection, love and goodness. He is just so far above us, he's just so amazing, thinking about his qualities fills me with praise!


2 Bludgers' annotations: