If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

3:59 am - Monday, February 06, 2006

It's 5pm. And the sun has gone down... And what have I done today??

It feels like such a waste. It's hard to come to terms with the fact that the day is over... and I haven't stirred from the flat! Today is the first day in - it feels like forever, definitely at least since I was left Australia - that I haven't gone outside while the sun is shining. Mind you, I am going out soonish to
church (St Catherine's Argyle) tonight, but that's already night, it's dark now and I haven't left the apartment!

(my room)

It's so weird being always on the go. Now, today, when I'm forcing myself to stay in - even though that hasn't corresponded with a massive amount of uni work being done, it just seems strange to not have done any activity except get myself lunch and cups of tea!

Ok, so not that today's weather was very inviting... Yesterday my plans were to stay in all day also, but the sky was blue when I woke up, so a not so windy Arthur's seat with Nisha was the go.

Nisha's always commenting on how she loves Edinburgh - because in the day it always looks like the morning, and she loves the morning... She's right, is DOES always look like the morning, because the sun is always low in the sky, either rising OR setting!

Looking out the window I can just possibly convince myself that it's 5AM in Australia, and the sun's just about to rise... And I'm about to go surfing... But that would just be too painful...

Not on waves like the ones at nearby Portobello!
(Nearby being ~2hrs walk...)

It'd be quite convincing to me though, because I feel like I haven't been awake very long (which is pretty much true, I've only been out of bed 5 hours or so :D)

Anyhow... It's dinnertime!

Up, up, up and away!!

9 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Minerva said...

*tsk tsk* Don't slack off young lady. Hehe, can't say much for myself but then again, uni hasn't started yet in Syd. ;P

So what time does the sun RISE in Edinburgh? 0900? 0930? 1000?

*sigh* well right now, it's around 37 degrees here, sweltering hot, people without an air-con would have probably melted a la Cat. Clear blue sky, absolutely no clouds, sun shining, birds dropping, rioters riotting. ;)

- 6/2/06 6:28 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Oooooh I recognise a photo on the wall right next to your window ;) Reminds me somehow of year 11 speech day ;) I've got exactly the same one on my mirror *sob sob*

- 6/2/06 9:49 pm
Blogger Catie said...

one does look like the speech day pic.
yeah, that's the sucky thing about britain, it's always so dark. when you don't wake up until 12, that is...
well, it's pretty gloom here too. was really hot yestersday, and apparently will be tomorrow, but today, nup :(

- 7/2/06 12:11 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

doh, I keep typing the wrong alias (currently on my bro's computer).

Soo... are you gonna get me Schloer or what? ;) :) ;)

- 9/2/06 12:21 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Uh... Schloer? Probably not unless you wanna pay the extensive postage costs and risk it getting broken?

Um... Don't call me this week, i'm not in in the evenings... :D Nor am I next week... Um um um...

If i'm not away, Sat mornings are usually good (ie. Sat evening for you) Anytime after Sydney 8:30pm (here 9:30am) is fine...

But i'm going Londoning this weekend.

Hm. Especially since my laptop isn't working (it got eaten by a virus, wahh!) I'm not going to be in much... Otherwise we could even skype (have you got a microphone?) and you wouldn't have to worry about the phone bill...

Actually, you can call me Fri morning Sydney time if you wish. I *should* be in tomorrow night...

- 9/2/06 2:52 am
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey.... Gong Xi Fa Chai ! Thanxs for dropping by on my blog. Missed you on Skype during CNY ! You were the only person missing. Hehehehe...... All the fooood, fun, family, laughter. 3 days non-stop. It was such a blast !! (as you would have already read in my blog).

Pangkor ??? Yes, yes ! All of us will be heading for a family trip on the first week of June. And when I say all of us, I mean ALL. Ah-Ma, Ah-Kong, Ber-Ee, Uncle Freddy's family, Uncle Raymond's family, Ah-Puan and Catherine, and my family as well. Thinking of chartering a bus and going together. Can't wait.....Heheheh....

And to end, I end with very good news..... Ah-Ma is getting baptised THIS SUNDAY (12/2/2005) at 4pm. Coincidently, it is also the last day of Chinese New Year. Ah-ma is also giving dinner later that night. Praise God !

- 10/2/06 6:02 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

I want chocolate. Or Shloer. Or both.

- 13/2/06 11:43 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

so girl... gotten any chocolate? :P

- 14/2/06 8:30 am
Blogger Minerva said...

Not over here, I haven't received anything that would lead me to have chocolate. How bout you lady?? Of course, it's not in midnight where you are.

- 14/2/06 10:37 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?