If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

3:59 am - Monday, January 30, 2006

Everyone has heard the rumours that Paris is the most beautiful/romantic city in the world, and my response has always been like "yeah right, whatever, it's all hype".Having been there I now think "Wow, Paris is soo cool!"

After seeing an amazing sunrise from the plane on Wednesday morning, I arrived in Paris to a postcard day (blue blue sky!). Having reached the Pantheon

my camera decided to DIE on me (grrr). There was this cute little church behind the Pantheon that I SO wanted a memory of, so I stole an idea from someone always full of good ideas and attempted sketching. Visiting Notre Dame, I performed another disproportionate sketch and almost froze my hands off! (Paris was SOO cold, colder than Edinburgh!) Ending this postcard day with a perfectly beautiful sunset from the Louvre gardens (where I was tempted to run for the hills!!! :( ) I was sold on Paris. :D

Thursday consisted of the biggest walk ever, up to sacre coeur - great city views!

The long route home. I had a 3rd level room in the backpackers we were staying at, That's not my mess! There was a random Swedish guy who was practically living there) situated really centrally in the city, and the people we met there were from everywhere, and so much fun! Nisha (exchange student in Edi, from Florida), Siobhan (kiwi from Auckland) and I trialled a French pub round the corner, where they had live jazz music.

On Friday a group of us from the hostel took a train out to Versailles Palace, of which the gardens were STUNNING. The rooms were nice too, and for some reason this one made me want to play soccer in it... Somehow it might not possibly be allowed... Afterwards I sighted the Eiffel and took a perfectly classic video (Thanks Pun for the uploading tips! Now EVERYONE can laugh at me! Spread the love. :D) on my camera, after which I retreated to a bench nearby and laughed for a full 10mins. Meeting up with Siobhan again we visited the Arc de Triomphe and took advantage of the friday night free for under 26's at the Lourve! When the Lourve closed at 10pm Siobhan and I trekked (and I mean trekked) to the night-lit Eiffel, and then back to the hostel.
and then back to the hostel.

Saturday! My last full day! :(

I bought a nutella crepe, which they sell everywhere on the streets, and I did the WHOLE TRANSACTION in French! Even asking for the photo (though admittedly for that all I said was Pardon? And held up my camera, to which she nodded :P) aren't you proud of me? :D

The rest of the day found me, with a working camera this time, at the Pantheon, Notre Dame, Vosges House and some random little French museum and then, as Siobhan had a spare ticket, at the Foofighters concert! Woohoo!

There goes my hero, watch him as he goes. There goes my hero, he's ordinary...

Toodooloo!

Up, up, up and away!!

5 Bludgers' annotations:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I cant believe you've been and gone to Paris already! It seemed like yesterday you were here... Its so good to hear what you did so we can steal the good itineries off you!!! hehehe
Went back to Wicklow and Glendalough yesterday and did more walking. Today we had a cloudless day!?!? That is a 1st since I've been here, but its been beautiful. Some people asked where you were today at church. hehehe
Also, Pen found the last piece of the puzzle!!!

- 30/1/06 10:03 am
Blogger Catie said...

gah! if paris wasn't enough, you had to go to a foo fighters concert too. jealousy! *pouts*
sounds like it was fun, luck to you in getting luggage and camera :) looking forward to the photos...

- 30/1/06 7:44 pm
Blogger Catie said...

yay for photos!

- 2/2/06 12:57 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

Oooh, that one of the Eiffel Tower is really good =)

- 2/2/06 4:30 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

PHOTOS!!!!! Me still wanting the vid. ;) Mmmm... nutella crepe... crepes are soft... and hot... and easy to make with a flat-bottomed frying pan...

- 2/2/06 11:32 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?