If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

3:53 am - Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I tripped to London this weekend, and it was great! Though it was drizzly and stuff it was still good, and I've been there enough that I didn't need to do TOO much outdoors...

I was however passing Buckingham and was stopped there by a MASSIVE crowd, watching the changing of the guard. In wandering past I just happened to get front row view - right at the gate where all the men in their furry hats and trumpets (and rifles) come out from... :D So that was a bit of excitement!

I also visited the Science Museum and around there (Natural History and Victoria and Albert) and treated myself to go see Les Mis on Saturday night. It was quite amusing/annoying to hear all the sniffling all the way through - not that I was dry either though! :O

On Sunday morning I went on a bit of a shopping spree on Oxford street, then had to lug the stuff around all day, and around the British Museum! Catching the sleeper train back to Edi I recognised some American exchange students (the randoms we met at 'The Crags' Tim!) so got to share a taxi home instead of lugging my shopping any further.

Anyhow, this week the Christian Union of Edinburgh Uni has got a marquee
up in the meadows - the big park next to uni/next to my block of flats, and they have singing worship at 5-6pm which i'm about to head out to! :D

Up, up, up and away!!

6 Bludgers' annotations:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh...I love Les Mis!!! I'm so jealous!!!

I hope you enjoyed your trip to London :D

- 15/2/06 3:30 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Oh oh oh, sooo jealous, British Museum *drools*

Oh my wonderful, beautiful, generous, loving Leeeach?? Could you do me a favour which I would very much be willing to pay for?? Next time you're in London??

- 15/2/06 7:40 pm
Blogger Catie said...

did you get kicked out of the british museum for eating an apple? :)
aaawwww, les mis, i wanna see it *pouts*

- 16/2/06 1:21 am
Blogger Alicia said...

I did eat an apple while there... But didn't get kicked out for it :D

Oh, and we're doing 10min speeches in class on 'whateveryouwant' and one of the boys did Scottish Tennents Lagar, and if you like Bollywood, you should check their award winning ad.

hehe, while in the Science Museum I was looking at the aviation section... I wanna be a plane pilot now! *pouts* :D

Oh and what am I doing in London Pun? Buying a certain cd that a certain someone has? (sorry, it probably won't be signed) DO NOT COVET Pun!! :P Sure :D

- 16/2/06 1:44 am
Blogger Catie said...

yay for eating apples in brit museum! keep up the good work...
sounds like so much fun over there!

- 16/2/06 5:21 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

huh? cd? huh? Oh you mean the POTO Program, no.

I was more so thinking of getting a wonderful Leach to pop into the National Gallery store and buy me the Titian - Bacchus and Ariadne 1000 piece puzzle. :) *puppy dog eyes*

- 16/2/06 5:51 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?