If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

1:06 am - Sunday, May 28, 2006

Reaching Durham in the rain on Monday arvo we checked the weather forecast for the Lake District. With Victoria's meterological expertise and an hour by hour forecast we found the entire week to be described by RAIN!

Making the decision to stay at the Radford's place instead we embarked on a week of Harry Potter obsession.

Priviledged to be staying with 2 extras of the cast :P (Sandy and his sister) we watched HP1 - freeze framing on the scenes of our star performers ;) - and visited filming sites of Durham cathedral and Alnwick castle, where we even went on a Harry Spotter tour! :P
Included in our trip was a visit to Newcastle art galleries, salsa dancing, and even watching X-men III - which was good on the action, but a bit overwhelming on the cheese (for me at any rate).

Since being back in Edinburgh much packing, cleaning and preparing to leave has been pursued... I leave on Tuesday!! How exciting! This time next week I'll be in Munich!

Up, up, up and away!!

4 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Minerva said...

I'm feeling somewhat jealous... yet, not that much.

Still haven't seen X3 yet, althought Tim did mention a little of what happens in the end. Oooooh salsa dancing!

- 28/5/06 3:13 pm
Blogger Catie said...

everyone has said that it was disappointing, though there have also been vaguely positive noises. so will still have to see it sometime, but my expectations will not be high.like my expectations for any harry potter movie :p

- 29/5/06 1:04 am
Blogger Ang said...

But the Harry Potter movie was great! The only bad thig about it was that I lost my (then) favourite brooch at the movies. But I can't really blame that on the movie either, so there!

- 30/5/06 10:27 am
Blogger Minerva said...

In comparison books to movies, I'm waiting for Book 7 rather than OOTP movie. Well duh. Yea.

- 30/5/06 1:26 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?