One thing that makes the book and film so unusual is that I have not encountered any literature that features smell as a... well... superpower. So it makes it pretty cool, and because everyone smells it makes it somewhat believable (at least while you're watching the movie/reading). A particular emphasis in the book is desire for smells, which I imagine is akin the feeling I get when I eat particularly yummy and creamy oysters or fresh fresh salmon sashimi or max brenner fondue chocolate... Mmmmmm... I just want more of it and to savour it...
That brought me to thinking about my favorite scents, which are that of the freesia, yummy cooking and a particular aftershave/men's perfume that is soooo attractive, but I'm not sure what it is... and very few guys use it (which is a really good thing otherwise I would be 'in love' a lot more often than I am :P)
There are lots of other nice smells as well, but these are ones that I can remember that if I ever catch the slightest scent of them I just want to suck in more of it. Mmmmmm...
Anyway, back to work... Hmm the new blogger doesn't let you preview your post...
Oh and of course,
GONG XI FATT CHOY!I feel rich...


6 Bludgers' annotations: