If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

11:35 am - Thursday, August 31, 2006

This week has been full of it.

It kicked off with the 'submission' talks at Pun's Young Adults Bible Study on Monday. Yes, we submit to God, because He is God. And why wouldn't we? He knows what is best and 'works for the good of those who love him' (Romans 8:28), and we obey our human fathers believing they are thinking of our best interests so yeah, that one's pretty plain.

Then comes the wives to husbands. You see, I haven't really bothered thinking about this much, seeing as:
1. I'm not much of a thinker
(I probably was one of those dumb but happy babies :D).
2. I don't see that this will involve me at any time in the near future.

Therefore, like anything else, I've left it till later, thinking I'll look at it at the last moment. Mind you, I have looked at Proverbs 31 quite thoroughly, seeing as on first glance it looked like I had a long long way to go...

I mean com'on she "works with eager hands... gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family... she sets about her work vigorously... and does not eat the bread of idleness..." Initially it looks like I have to be someone else!!! On a more detailed look it turns out the 'wife of noble character' should be God focused, and godly, so that's ok, it's working towards the same goal as now, not a completely different one. *phew*

Back to the husband/wife thing... It has been thought through by some very thoroughly, and I got to leach off Pun's hard work - see her blog for my current thoughts! :P ( I know... So lazy...)

Yesterday, discussion of the 'fourth, unwritten object of the EU' came about: For those who don't know what the objects of the EU are, they basically stand as:
1. Evangelism
2. Encouragement
3. Educating eachother on Christian service
4. Endeavour to find a life partner. There. It's written ok?
Needless to say I only signed up for 3.
(Apart from the fact that the 4th is 'unwritten')
I was asked what Biblical evidence there was for the 4th object... I felt like saying... "Really man, why ask me? I can give you plenty against it..." but instead as a joke gave reference to - out of contextly - Pun's favorite verse... :P

Following this, last night in Japanese class, our teacher was discussing Japanese customs and was saying how Jap husbands may come home, take off their shoes at the door, and just say "Cha" (tea) or "furo" (bath) or "shinbun" (newspaper) to their wives... You should have seen me and Esther, as though synchronised, raising our hands and performing a slapping motion. Needless to say the whole class cracked up... :P I must say, to counter this trend, also in the last couple of weeks there have been more advances than usual. Maybe that's what's inducing me to feel even more feministic?

Up, up, up and away!!

17 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Minerva said...

*rotfl*

...


...


...


...

Yes my favourite verse justifies marriage lol, but there need not be love in it. Which is kinda sad, does that mean, as you're getting older and prospects are fading, is it that there only needs to be lust in a marriage?

- 31/8/06 1:50 pm
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GIRL POWER!

- 31/8/06 2:34 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Well... I don't see why you HAVE to scramble (although that doesn't mean I won't do it when I reach 35 *haha*)

I more think of; 1 Co 10:13 and Phil 4:12,3 when I think of prospects fading... :P

- 31/8/06 5:57 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

lol
1 Cor 10:13 - yea, it's called marriage

Phil 4: 12-13 - read in context

- 31/8/06 7:56 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

To Trees: What are you doing on a blogspot?!?! And similar to Vivs public transport experience, except not young.

And to Pun: So what is the point of the second half of 1 Cor 7? I don't think it's absolutely necessary to get married to continue living as a Christian.

- 31/8/06 8:51 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

As it says in v. 6 "I say this as a concession, not as a command."
Also v. 25 "Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord's mercy is trustworthy."

Not a commandment, it's a recommendation. v. 8 is a recommendation "Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is to marry than to burn with passion."

- 31/8/06 10:46 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Uh huh. And that's what I take it as.

- 31/8/06 11:07 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Hmm... My mum just came into my room (Liam has some friends over) and was like 'oh, do you want to meet some nice boys, one is graduating as a docter and the other is a lawyer'

GRRR!!! *kicks*

- 3/9/06 2:58 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- 3/9/06 3:14 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Yeah whatever Pun... If your parents lived here they'd do it to you too... :P

As it is... You know Pun, you're getting to that age...

- 3/9/06 4:40 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Haha, no they wouldn't. My bro and I would be swearing our heads off (at them) and they respect us more than that, thankfully.

NOOO, I'm not getting old yet...

- 3/9/06 5:19 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

So did these friends of Liam make any "advances" on you???

- 3/9/06 6:55 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

*kicks pun*

Nup, anyway, they're asian.

- 3/9/06 10:10 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Bwhahahahaha

Yes, they have very small... confidence.

- 3/9/06 11:21 pm
Blogger Catie said...

oooh.... doctors and lawyers hey? why wouldn't you go and meet them? :p

*runs away*

yeah i didn't hear about the 'fourth object' for ages, and was not exactly impressed. i mean, what?

- 4/9/06 2:00 pm
Blogger Ang said...

That's the worst thing I've ever heard. I knew I didn't trust the EU. That's so creepy that it makes me want to cry. "EW" more like. (ha!)

- 5/9/06 6:47 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

It IS so totally a joke Ang :P.

It's just amusing 'cause sometimes it happens :)

I think I've only met one person who was serious about it (or seriously hoping it was an object) *winks*

- 6/9/06 10:50 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?