If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

9:21 pm - Monday, July 03, 2006

Woah!

Woah in that it`s so cool and different, but also in the amount of jet lag that I`m suffering... I can`t sleep during the night for longer than a 2.5 hour stints - as my body keeps on thinking it`s mid afternoon! :( Instead I just get increasingly tired, hoping that this will kick my body back into the "right" timezone (Japan is only one hour dif. from Oz).

So far we`ve been exploring Tokyo - with the glitzy neon lights and people pressing from every side in the streets and in the subways, it certainly feels like I`ve finally gotten back to big city life again!

It`s pretty funky here; every time I walk into a book or dvd store (notably for the manga/anime section) I REALLY WISH I knew Japanese, there is such a store of reading and couch potatoness just waiting to be unlocked! :D

Tomorrow we're going to the lakes in the Mt Fuji area!!

Unfortunately Mt Fuji was shrouded in mist...
Can you see it?
Can you, can you...?
Wait...
...
Maybe you'll see it now
hahha

I`ve really been digging into the Japanese food! (Finally! Some asian!) You can`t tempt me any more Pun!!

Well, as much as possible... (with Mel`s fussiness... But at least I get to eat all of her food that she doesn`t touch!! Hehe... Miso soup... mmm...)
So, enjoying myself, the heat, the food,
the sightseeing
and the thought of coming home soon! To surf!! Bwahahaha...
Love you all!

Up, up, up and away!!

5 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Catie said...

Oooh, glitziness. And Japanese food. Sounds cool! And we'll be seeing you soon!

- 4/7/06 12:40 am
Blogger Minerva said...

mmmm Jaaaaaap fooooood...

Do me a favour and eat as many Beard Papa's choux pastry profiteroles as you can. ;)

- 4/7/06 1:05 am
Blogger Nisha Broodie said...

you made it to Japan! post some pictures girl.

- 11/7/06 5:11 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Pictures will come as soon as I get a computer that registers my camera (aka, when I`m home).

In the meanwhile, I`m not the one still in Santorini... :P

Home soon!

- 13/7/06 6:21 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

Haha, I love your Mt Fuji pic....and those orange arches look like the ones in Memoirs of a Geisha...

- 21/7/06 5:45 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?