If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

8:52 pm - Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Being in an English speaking country... That's what... When you're in the queue - such as the post office or something - you don't have to be hesitant about what to say when you get to the front!! It's amazing!

So, I'm an hour north of London, staying at my second cousin's place (my mum's cousin - that's a second cousin right?) for these 3 nights, chilling out today, hanging about in Cambridge tomorrow, then running wild in London on Friday morning before my 1:30pm flight.

Haha, I just looked out the glass panels on the front door and saw an ad for a 'barn dance' (yes, I am in a small english village afterall)... But it's on 14/7, so not for me! :P

Portugal was cool, I wish I'd had more time there instead of those extra few days in Madrid, though I did get to soak up the culture of eating and siestas in Madrid! Visiting Sintra on my first day I walked around the village checked out a ruined castle,





which you could walk all over the walls of,

and then visited a palace with some random Canadian I'd picked up along the way. He hadn't done any travel before... It's always amusing hanging out with someone like that... They're amazed by the tinest things... (Yeah, check it Mel :P. )



Anyway... This palace was SOOOO cool!! It had secret passages everywhere, which were totally dark, so I wasted my camera batteries taking pictures in the dark, trying to make my camera flash light the tunnels! :P

One thing I can say for Portugal is H&S is not a big issue! These tourist sites had random stairs leading up to platforms a story up, which DIDN'T HAVE handrails or anything!!I went up anyway... :P I'll get a photo up if I've time in the next few days... I could have died!!! I could have died many times on this trip though... That was only one circumstance... :P
Lisbon and Porto were quite pretty as well. Porto was probably prettier than I attribute it to be... Seeing as I got there at 3:40pm by bus on the 26th, rushed to find a place for lunch and the game at 4, and... Was saddened... :( Stupid Italians...

Well... 2 weeks and a half till I can hit the beach... :P SEE YOU ALL!! Yay!

Enjoying double digit temperatures still!

Up, up, up and away!!

4 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Minerva said...

Does H&S mean health and safety??

It's a bit worrying that you may have fallen off a cliff or a ledge or a castle wall numerous times. But I'm very glad you're aliiiiive.

Come home safely eh?

- 28/6/06 11:06 pm
Blogger Catie said...

That sounds really awesome! I have to check it out when I finally get to Europe... Yay for secret passageways!

- 29/6/06 2:00 am
Blogger Nisha Broodie said...

queue!!! oh how i miss that word!!

- 30/6/06 3:48 am
Blogger Vivian said...

you "picked up" a random canadian? hehehe

And you put in a secret messages!!

Dark pics you can always sort of fix up on Picasa once you get back home, I love Picasa!

- 30/6/06 1:23 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?