If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

10:29 am - Monday, June 19, 2006

So... I seem to get everywhere possible to go surfing when there are no waves... The world is conspiring against me!! Oh well, I´ve spent the time instead swimming in the Atlantic, watching soccer (Yay! We´re in the 16! Probably...), watching flamenco, drinking, and sleeping... So it´s been a good mid-trip rest...

Of course the beach and the soccer being the best parts... Tomorrow, Cordoba and Madrid! So I should really be sleeping...




From Madrid I did a day trip to Segovia, where there is a 'fairy tale' alacazaar, and a Roman aqueduct


I sent home 6kg of stuff... And it was only 45 euros ($70)! Sure, it´ll take 2 months to get there, but I won´t be needing that many winter items when I get back... And I packed my backpack today and everything fits EASILY!! It was WEIRD!! Usually I´m sitting on it for ages and still needing to strap things onto the outside, but it closed without any pushing!! I was amazed!! :P Haha! Now I can buy stuff here... I mean... Travel lighter... yes... ;) It was seriously so annoying with such a large bag...

Anyhow... Since it´s only been a few day´s since I last posted, and this is my chill out town, not much has happened except for soccer... All I can say (I don´t want to bore those not interested) is that it was weird watching the Japan vs Croatia today in a bar-resturant-cafe with songs such as ´Time after time´, ´What if God were one of us?´ and others of that genre playing in the background! Hard to get into the soccer mood with that going on...

Up, up, up and away!!

11 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Catie said...

Yes I have to agree, those somes are more for reminiscing than anything else.

Cat came over to my house to watch the soccer last night. *sighs* ah well, wasn't expecting us to win anyway, but that last goal was painful to watch, where was all the defence gone???

You better be taking lotsa photos woman.

- 19/6/06 2:37 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Yeah, at the very beginning and for the last bit our defence was pretty crappy yeah?

Japan´s was crap at the beginning of each half and Croatia didn´t score... So hopefully when against us...

- 19/6/06 4:15 pm
Blogger Catie said...

ha, what do you mean "Yes I have to agree, those somes are more for reminiscing than anything else."? It doesn't make any sense. You can tell my account was hijacked, hijacked i tell you!

- 20/6/06 4:42 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

I meant to type "Yes I have to agree, those songs are more for reminiscing than anything else."

I don't know how "somes" got there.

- 20/6/06 5:14 pm
Blogger Mel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

- 20/6/06 10:49 pm
Blogger Mel said...

Wow, you have been busy and looks like you are having loads of fun. I can't wait to meet up with you in Japan...10 days and counting. Speaking of which what time should I catch up with you and where do you want me to meet you? As I'm planning to drop my stuff off and then go to the museum.

- 20/6/06 10:50 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

As I skim read I thought she was saying ´those are sometimes more for...´

But yeah, I knew it was Pun... I mean "Cat came over to my house" isn´t something that you would write Catie... And no one says WOMAN like Pun does ;P.

And yes Pun, I´m planning to visit London... So Titan puzzle is hopefully in... Also, I made space in my bag (I think) by sending the 6kg home... Of course it´ll be hand luggaged on the plane though...

- 21/6/06 4:27 am
Blogger Vivian said...

bwahaha, I didn't even notice that the first comment was under "cat" until u mentioned it!

- 21/6/06 9:51 am
Blogger Minerva said...

lol I didn't even realise I was still under cat until you mentioned it. lol.

dude, you can post it if need be?? If somehow it makes it up to A$44... which stupidly will cost much more... I don't want you lugging it around dude.

- 21/6/06 11:25 am
Blogger Alicia said...

UK post is insanely expensive... Though I was going to look into it.

I was planning to leave most of my stuff in Tokyo anyhow... As I start and end the trip at the same hostel and they can probably hold it safe for me. Thus the only lugging that will happen is to and from the airport. :D

- 21/6/06 6:50 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

Interesting... *finger tapping on chin*

- 21/6/06 11:20 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?