If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

5:51 am - Saturday, June 17, 2006

OLE!

Barcelona was a beautiful city - with funky architecture, excellent museums (even though I am a little museumed out by now) and a sweet beach. Well, actually it´s just a beach, but I haven´t been on one for ages, and the weather was a high 26 degrees, so I was maxing it, in between my pùb soccer watching visits.

In Granada on Wednesday it was the Christus Corpus festival, so the shops were closed, but there was an insanely large procession, children dressed up in fluffy white dresses and cute tuxes.

On the train from Granada to Sevilla that evening I looked out the window, to not see beyond 10m, because of the rain, and there was a river of water and mud flowing alongside the train, where it didn´t look like there ought to be one. Before long the train pulled to a halt - the water was flowing across the track, and it wasn´t safe to go on. Starting back to Granada, there was water flowing over the tracks in THAT direction... Uh oh.


Hey... There's not supposed to be a river there...


We spent the good part of an hour sitting on the train, as the rain poured down, then moved along, and as it was drying up one of the train drivers had to get out, walk in the mud, and make sure the train was good as it backed along the track. At the closest station back along the track we piled onto buses and were taken to the next station, where we joined another train and continued our journey.

Once in Seville, though tired, there was option for a free flameco show, so of course I went! In Cadiz now - my chill out at the beach time mid trip - completely worn from lack of sleep (an unrestful night on the train to Granada and 3 hours on the couch - the hostel was otherwise full) I am well ready for tonights first night crash in Cadiz... But it´s friday... And free flamenco is again on the cards! So we will have to see...

Up, up, up and away!!

3 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Vivian said...

I've got the song from My Fair Lady stuck in my head now...hehe and i love how all your apostrophes look like accents...

Well I'm sure you can do without sleep for the time being, I mean, you've been so many places Oz will probably bore you to sleep once you get back, so plenty of time to catch up then =P

- 17/6/06 1:27 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

*jaw drops* free flamenco shows...
*jumps up and down crying*

I'm so jealous!!!! *running on the spot*

Glad you didn't get flooded and got safely off, so you drinking wine and eating sangria?

- 17/6/06 1:59 pm
Blogger Catie said...

wow, from the sounds of it you'ev been having a pretty hectic and sleep-free time. have a good recuperation in cadiz!

- 18/6/06 1:33 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?