So, here I am in Barcelona; just spent a day revolving around finding a pub at 3pm, so didn´t fit much sightseeing in... But it was WELL worth it.
That´s the 3rd world cup football game I´ve seen (in full) in my life, since the last time it was on I was mid-HSC and decided not to get into it just in case it took over. Mind you, it probably would have. Even now it has been chosen over the decision to spend time swimming at the beach (!!!). This is totally amazing for me...
Actually, saying it´s the 3rd would be a bit of a stretch - since the first game I intended to watch was Germany vs Costa Rica and I was at one of the outdoor screens set up - in Koln (daww can´t do the o with the ¨ above my o´s anymore, as I´m not in Germany!!) and so mostly I saw the backs of peoples´heads, and the most I glimpsed of the game was 2/3rds of the screen... But the atmosphere was INSANE!Although, it was rather sad, ´cause I was running late in getting to the big screen - heard the cheers from the pub I was walking past at 5 past 6 and was like *groan, I´ve missed a goal already??!?!?
Anyhow Barcelona is cool... Well, boiling hot rather... I feel so UN-AUSTRALIAN!! I´m like ¨My, it´s boiling hot today¨ then see the weather report and it´s only been 25·C... how tragic!


5 Bludgers' annotations: