If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

10:28 am - Thursday, August 24, 2006

On Tuesday I sprinted toward the Ross st exit of Sydney uni, only to see my one and only bus, the 413, zooming through the intersection... *NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO* I thought as I continued to sprint out; until I found a 461 at the stop.

Now the 461 goes along the same route as the 413, until the 413 turns off Parramatta rd just after Fort St High School.
The race was on.

1km down Parra the 461 stopped at the lights (and a stop) just behind the 413. But I didn't get off. Since there is a high tendency for there to be cranky bus drivers - not letting people on, even when they're stopped at the lights, by the kerbside - I didn't want to hop off and on, hoping that, with some luck the 461 would overtake at some point.

It didn't. The closer the deadline came, the further the 413 pulled away... I lose.

Anyhow, I hopped off at Fort St and waited. Shortly, along came the 480 - which goes on a route roughly parallel to the 413, but about 20mins walk northwards. I hopped on. Who did I see but Ryan and Vivian! :D

So I ended up getting off at the top of Milton st (just after Ashfield, the street with the pool on it) and walking home... But hey, my little bro Ben (who goes to Fort St) got home 20mins after me on the bus I would'ave caught if I'd waited. Woohoo! I win!
Don't you just love happy endings in real life?

Up, up, up and away!!

4 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Minerva said...

An exciting day in the life of Leach. ;)

Who's Ryan?

- 24/8/06 11:53 am
Blogger Alicia said...

Oh, that's right - non USyd person. Ryan Smartt, EU prez, father of none, husband of Fiona Smartt*, member of Ashfield Presby, my bible study leader, and, of course, brother in law to our great friend Kathryn (if you hadn't picked that up from the asterix).

And Pun. Stop trying to be my mum ;P.

*Formerly Fiona Smith

- 24/8/06 7:24 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

I wasn't trying to be your mum dammit. I was just asking, like I'd know the social lives of you guys...

- 24/8/06 11:59 pm
Blogger Catie said...

buses are tricksy things. i wouldn't trust them further than i could throw 'em.
bah

- 25/8/06 12:31 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?