If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

11:01 pm - Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ok, so I'm probably one of the only people in this society that doesn't watch TV on a regular, or even semi-regular basis (or, like, even at all...). I'm not taking the moral high ground here, I just don't find it something I want to spend time doing. (Also, ads annoy me, even the radio ones). Not that I actually do all that much with my time. Civ IV and anime has so far infested my free time (infesting it in a good way that is) and, having just received some of my Terry Pratchett books back I'm way too occupied to consider even them (yes, waily waily :P).

But today we (some school friends) went to see the above titled movie. It was ok, as far as movies go, I didn't feel as if I had wasted my time as I walked out of the cinema (as is my usual emotional response). For one it was still bright outside and secondly I would have wasted that time at home anyway; probably cleaning my room.

I last cleaned it up... On Saturday maybe, meaning that the state it is in now is not TOO bad - I can still see over half of the floor. Maybe I should get out of this habit of dumping things on the floor in my room and wandering off to the kitchen as soon as I get home, but then again, creating a mess leads to so much 'productive' procrastination that I really seem unable to do without (I think I've got my thesis project for PROC4020 and PROC4021 all lined up).

Anyway, welcome to my blog for any of the new audience that has arrived.
Do you know I have secret messages?
Ryan told me that it is desirable that I add more to my blog - like what I had for breakfast - but since I woke up at 9:40 this morning and had to leave the house less than 10mins later (as is my usual routine - though I tend to give myself 15mins) this would not increase the blog content by particularly great amounts. :P

You may also have noticed that I have somewhat an addiction to using brackets. It's something that has stuck with me for a long time, my thoughts just seem to have side thoughts, which have side thoughts off them, but I try not to nest brackets, otherwise this would just become even more incomprehensible than it already is.

What's that I hear? Why am I posting such a long blog when I have a groupwork semi-deadline tomorrow? That's precisely why! Ok ok, I'll go do work... After I check my email maybe... *skulks off*

Up, up, up and away!!

3 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Catie said...

movies are not the same as tv. movies do not have ads. well, except for at the beginning and you can skip those. besides, trailers are fun.
and yay movie was fun! :)

- 11/10/06 12:08 pm
Blogger Minerva said...

I agree, there's no Stargate in the movies (yet). And also no foodie movies like Rick Stein and Feast Bazaar. Yes trailers are fun if they're good trailers for semi-interesting movies.
I wanna see Happy Feet! Who can resist a penguin who sings Queen??
Also that one with Ben Stiller looks like a no-brainer, but I'll see it coz it has Ricky Gervais. Anyone? Anyone?

Yes go to work, shoo! Shoo!

- 11/10/06 12:41 pm
Blogger Alicia said...

Hm, I did make it seem like I'd watched TV by watching a movie didn't I... Oh well, they just run as the same thing for me. I wouldn't with eagerness intentionally watch either unless it was a special show (or I'm pushed).

- 11/10/06 5:46 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?