If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

9:44 pm - Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I've started school, and most of the other students are from China... Of course I ended up joining a class that is way above my level, so while I'm floundering around with my limited vocab and my slow sentence construction they're bounding around making jokes with the teacher. It's a pretty fun class and everyone seems pretty nice, so that's good, but it's stressful when I'm put on the spot!

Right near my place is a street I've walked past multiple times, thinking it was an innocent little street, only to find that it was Kappabashi; renown as the one stop spot for anyone opening a resturant or stocking up their kitchens!

Each of these photos is of just one store, so multiply the picture to corner store size arrays, then say there's about 10 of each specialty store (of course some have more than 10!) and that's the kind of street this is!

Plastic food fridge magnets (I was going to get some for you guys, but they cost $10+ each!!), knives, chairs, neon signs, crockery, lacquerware you name it, it's here...





As you can see my flowers did end up blooming late, but white not pink and they died shortly after... I think it was too cold in my room...

The shot of the snow on the first day when we got there... Consequently there is not very much snow around... Compared to what was there later!!

Think I'll be going back up to Hakuba for a few days the weekend after the Easter weekend, the last weekend of March. Looks like it's then I'll be saying sayonara to Tokyo before hitting the slopes, exploring some of the smaller islands, studying for about a month in Kyushuu and then... Heading north where it's cooler. Perhaps a couple of months in Osaka, go climb Mt Fuji (12 hour hike!!), then a couple more months studying in Sapporo before heading home (waah). The itinerary page/footnote changed a while back when this plan did... So you can keep an eye on that even if I don't post my change of plans.

Moneywise... I don't know what's going to happen. Babysitting bubs at church for a couple of hours on Wednesday mornings, picking up odd jobs here and there, maybe in Osaka I'll find something more stable since I'm there for a full couple of months.

Only 4 weeks left in Tokyo, I'm kinda sad to be leaving Tokyo Baptist so soon, but the show must go on! (Or rather, I just wanna travel!). Looking forward to posting that box of ski clothes/manga books/winter stuff back in about a month and a half's time... Then I'll have space in my backpack! Or rather, it won't be dying...

Up, up, up and away!!

3 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Minerva said...

Wow, thats expensive for a magnet. So much for asking for a sake set then. Hmmm...

I hope you get the jobs you need dude, but I'm sure you'll survive well. You may starve a little, but you'll survive *waves go Leachy go flags*

Stay safe, post more ;)

- 2/3/08 11:26 pm
Blogger trees said...

What? Leach starve?? Surely not! Hope all goes well with finding a stable job. What about making a sign that says "Will work for food?" That takes care of the starving aspect...

- 3/3/08 8:23 am
Blogger Katy said...

I'm sure Leach won't 'starve-starve', although maybe eating our normal amount is leach starving? :P sigh... to have your metabolism....

Great posts - keep posting!!

- 3/3/08 8:56 am


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?