The place is pretty convenient; only 30mins to the main areas of the city by the train; and only 10 mins walk to the station. The only downer is no internet connection – but maybe then I’ll make better use of my time! So, finally, I have a place I’m gonna be staying at for more than a month; so you can have an address!
小川・洋子方 (Youko Ogawa kata)
1-8-12 Hanaten-nishi
Osaka-shi, Joto-ku
536-0011
JAPAN
Am thinking of staying till at least mid-September, fitting a couple of weeks of travel in on the way to Tokyo, then coming home for a couple of weeks of rest before starting work mid-Oct. Have a flight booked to arrive on the 27th, thankfully not Jetstar! (Qantas from Tokyo).
Have work teaching English; at a conversation school (11 hours) at a kids school way out of town (2 hours – plus 3 hours travel!) and privately (3 hours through my host mum! Woot!); which should cover me, some travel, some shopping for electronic goods and perhaps some clothes; if I decide I like any of the fashion! Got my first ‘fat top’ the other day – the looseness is nice for hot days…
I’ve signed up for ‘language exchange’ to make friends and practice my conversational skills (which are still poor) by chatting with Japanese people. Language exchange is better when your exchange partner is a friend of a friend/flatmate (like I did in Tokyo) since most people who respond to language exchange ads are a little weird (like the guy I met in the café on Monday; haha)… But I’m trying the ad way anyhow!
Other than that, my students are all pretty friendly and Osaka’s a nice place. Hope you’re all taking care.
Love and prayers,
Alicia
For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10.


2 Bludgers' annotations: