If you're reading this your page is taking ages to load...Do the crab dance while you're waiting! Da na na na na na na, da na na na na na na, da na na na nah nah na... *snip snip snip snip*

11:22 am - Saturday, July 05, 2008

Note that my address has been updated on the below post; I was told that since there are no house number here the below address relates to the whole block! So you need my landlady's name on the letter too...

First let’s start off by mentioning this is a bit of a tag response; regarding Joel’s book tag; pick up the closest book (with over 123 pages), open page 123 and post sentences 4, 5, 6 for the world to see (and then, as tags go, tag 5 more people). In general I refuse to pass on chain emails and such, but I do read them. So, following this trend, I will do the tag but not tag 5. But I will tag one. Viv. Just to keep your blog alive... Hehe, isn’t it ironic that certainhope is only barely alive; hanging by a thread as it were! :P Thankfully blog activity is not related to physical or spiritual health in any way – in fact, blog activity is pretty much inversely related to physical health. Also, general blog usage; about day to day meaningless activities is probably inversely proportional to spiritual health since it would be in those worldly things that you are focusing and trying to make sound interesting!
At the time of observing the tag I was moving to Osaka, and hence not reading anything but my Bible. Since there is no particular book of it that has over 123 pages (it is a small print travel Bible after all – Psalms only comes up to... 73 pages), and is a bit of a permanent read item, I opted for the first book I’m reading since settling in Osaka.

This book I’m currently reading is “Jerusalem In Prophecy” by Randall Price. The title says it all; it’s a book that lays out the interpretation of the happenings and state of Israel today as referring to Biblical prophecies. Surprisingly the random tag piece (page 123, sentences 456) pretty much catches the argument of the book:
We need to maintain a balance here. On the one hand, considering all details provided for us in the prophetic texts, we can conclude that no prophecy related to Israel’s possession of the Land and promised burdens and blessings have yet taken place. On the other hand, the present possession of the Land and the conflict within the region is evidently a preparation for the fulfilment of these prophecies in the near future.”

And yes, this does catch the fact that God sovereignly purposed and prepared for the first coming of Christ (Romans 5:6);
At God’s perfect timing Christ died for fallen man,
he wore a crown of thorns nails driven through his hands...
I do miss the music at APC! That’s something about travelling I guess; God is the same everywhere but church style isn’t...
And that we are commanded to look out for these signs indicating the second coming of Christ so that we will continue in faith in the end times. (Luke 21:7, 11, 25).

But I don’t think that whether you take the interpretation of prophecy as referring to Jerusalem (which this book insists one should) or not has an effect on our behaviour as Christians; for we know that Christ will come “on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of” Matthew 24:50 and on the topic 1 Thess. 5 says “the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. ... 4. But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief... let us be alert and self controlled...”

Anyway, yes, things are going well here in Osaka. Somehow I’m managing on about an hour of internet time a week ;).

Up, up, up and away!!

4 Bludgers' annotations:

Blogger Vivian said...

Argh!! Yes, I'll take your word that your theory on the relationship between blog activity and health is true! :P

Hey, your post has an English title this time! You've lost me a little somewhere in your response to the tag/invisible asides/theological commentary....but good to hear things are going well in Osaka! Sydney is going to have an interesting week with World Youth Day (it really should be called "World Youth Week"...)

- 14/7/08 3:54 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

Btw...I think the tag is for sentences 6,7 and 8, not 4,5,6....but it's much of a muchness....I shall see which three are more interesting...

- 14/7/08 4:01 pm
Blogger With Respect to X said...

Hey Leachy!

I'm finally moving into the 21st century and subscribing to all my friends blogs.

Where's the RSS feed for yours? I can't find it on the page anywhere...

- 16/7/08 8:10 pm
Blogger Vivian said...

Re your address - so is the first line your landlady's name now?

- 20/7/08 6:27 pm


CALENDAR

suggest

PRAYER POINTS

comment on PP

FROM MAY

Make Japanese friends, with whom I can practice my Japanese and work in Osaka.

MID/END JULY

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JULY/AUGUST

Meet up with Tokyo friends to climb Fuji!

MID/END SEPTEMBER

WEEK 1:Make my way up to Tokyo.

WEEK 2:Explore a little of northern Honshu.

26th SEPTEMBER

Evening Qantas flight to arrive 27th AM.

MID OCTOBER

Start full time work with TTW. Find a pad in Harbord area so I can surf it up before work.

At the moment it looks like I will stay home awhile from lack of $$!

JAPAN

Decisions in budgeting, studying, working and exploring

...

PERSONAL

General travel safety

Sinking my teeth into and learning Japanese well

keeping in contact with everyone!

Hooking up with a good bible based church

opps to share lives with 日本人 and make some good friends!

Not getting surf deprived

Visitors? / Travel Companions?